Comp II tech question

flat-9

Create a 16bit 44.1khz wave file of your recording and burn it to a CDR as data. Comp II instructions.

Sorry, I'm a dummy. Yet maybe this query will help a few others too!

I'm submitting " Bedlam" which is on my desktop as a "16bit 44.1khz wave audio . How do I change the format to "data"?
Is there a specific name for a data format change?
If I burn it as is , it remains an audio file which is explicitly unacceptable according to the submission rules and I'd hate for myself or anyone else to be be disqualified because of a stupid tech screw-up!

Thanks,
flat-9

This just means burn it as a PC compatible data format, do NOT burn it in CD Audio format. If I'm wrong, I have go read a manual or two. :)

Homeuser is right.Burning a file onto Data CD doesnt mean changing the format of the file you are burning.When you bring your burning software up to burn it just choose to burn it as a "DATA" CD instead of an "Audio" CD.

It's still an audio file but it's burned in data format and therefore would not likely be able to be played on any CD players.

Kramer said:
Homeuser is right.Burning a file onto Data CD doesnt mean changing the format of the file you are burning.When you bring your burning software up to burn it just choose to burn it as a "DATA" CD instead of an "Audio" CD.

It's still an audio file but it's burned in data format and therefore would not likely be able to be played on any CD players.

HOMEUSER & KRAMER,

Thanks from me and others in advance.
( I know I'm not the only dummy!:D

Kramer, your info was spot on, as even though it will play on the computer after burning it as data in Roxio, it is not recognized by a conventional cd player.

Thanks again guys,
Ralph

Back