Comments welcome!

Benreturns

Hi guys, I used to post here ages ago and looking at some usefull info on the site again yesterday Id thought Id take a dip in this area and post a link for you to check out and comment on my mixing:

www.myspace.com/bgaproductionsuk

BTW: Warning - its charty pop music!

Its nice to come back here after a long time and see people are still giving out great advice. When I got my 1st recording gear set up (7 years ago? Wow!) I was using a Tascam 488 and this site was indispensable... Also nice to see people are still using the 488 - it taught me alot.

BTW: Warning - its charty pop music!

Hi there,
First off, I'd just like to say that "charty pop music" isn't my kind of thing, but from what I heard it sounds like you've got things pretty much spot-on for that genre.

I personally think that you need to add much more effects processing to the instrumentation in general, particularly the synth keyboard parts, to try to envelope the listener more and to make it all sound a little bit different from the usual chart fodder.

All round though, you've made a good job of this stuff, so good luck to you for some chart action in the future!
Dreamer :)

Back