comments please

excellent... your voice is divine. I thought it needed to be a bit more up front. Maybe add some reverb to the back up vocals to put them "behind" you. Hurry up and release something so I can buy it. ;) :D

solid song.........it's well performed.......i love the vocal part with nothing else.....i'd suggest to even cut the bass out at that part so it's just vocals swirling and then 'bam' back in w/ everything

Nice voice. Nice ambient vocal quality. She has a tendency to back off of words near the end of phrases. I couldn't understand the last half of most lines.

I liked the arrangement of the bridge. I thought some of the backing vocals needed retracking through that section - they weren't as smooth as the other sections.

I didn't care for the bass. I thought the part was fine as far as supporting the song. But something about the tone got to me - it was in between playing a note and just hitting a muted string.

Weird ending on the drums. Maybe that's what you were going for.

Heard pops at 1:17 and 1:35.

Sjoko my friend, sonicly it's a force to be reckoned with. But I hear some intonation problems with her voice in a few spots. At the end in particular. She does give a great delivery though.

interesting vocal style .... drums to upfront... heard the pops too... thought it was streaming but it at the same place that TM mentioned. and ye bass realy strange... IMHO .. which could be cool :)
cheers

This has gone straight into my "keepers" folder.

I LOVE this song. Very cool, laid back, stunner of a tune, brilliantly weird vocal stuff.

And the lead vocal is just magnificent. The intonation isn't always perfect, but personally I would keep it exactly as it is. Uru kind of "orbits" the notes anyway, and I think it sounds excellent.

Her voice has a beautiful tone to it - just a hint of rasp. In fact, she reminds me of Elvis Costello! (if that means anything to you)

The "ooh-ooh-ooh" and "come to me" bits are fantastic.

Things I would change:

Tame the hihat a bit!
Change the "chorus-y" synth sound - it doesn't sound great.
The hard-panned "ooh-way-day" bits aroun 2:15 are a bit out of tune, and could do with being re-recorded.
The lead vocal is a bit out from 3:50 ("I'm waiting")
Pull back the tom fills during the break down.

But can I just say again - I LOVE this song!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Alastair

PS I know very little - feel free to ignore the above!

right off the bat this mix is good.......good drum sound.....
waiting for this to kick in........i know its coming.............i know it...........come on.......ok maybe not......lol....i like you r voice...that "bobby mcferrin"...vocal part is pretty cool!!.....I LIKE THIS SONG....but..to me i kept waiting for like a big drum fill then BOOM up the ante with a little more sound....but hey what the hell do i know my mixes arent this good......

great job
jamal

for whatever my comments are worth...

For as good as the ruff mix is...and you said not to touch that...
Last time you jumped my shit for bitching about 2 chord songs that go nowhere. There is plenty of quality in various forms here, imo...and some things to nit pick about too in the performances...
But...no intro, seques...bridge...outro.. it is like a jam that talanted people can usually pull off in a quickie session in a take or two. It needs production and song form. If this is the style...like trance...or whatever that is...then that is another thing. But...I figure you'll just as easily forget my comments as what you had for dinner last week...

a crow on acid??

I dont get it....Ive read the other comments and I just dont get it.I dont hear anything that resembles something that is "good" in this song?it has no form,No melody,no hook,no dynamics.....I dont get it.

Kramer,

I think this is a kind of modern day chant.

sjoko,

How are you? We haven't seen you around for awhile.

Little pitch problem toward the end, she's such a good singer maybe she meant it that way.

This song is weird and wonderfull.

GT

Great sound for a rough, Sjoko!

I really like what you did with the low end - deep, tight and precise....

I like the weirdness thing too - kinda Gabriel-ish - but I was waiting for the song to "kick in"....

Just my opionion, but I think this should be fleshed out with an increasingly intense arrangement build-up...

Maybe even some Jim Steinman "archangel" vocals too!!! ;) Naw - just kidding... I *HATE* Steinman's vocal productions!!!!

Nice to see ya posting again, my friend!

Creative vocals. Not totally there yet but theres what to work with. I agree with mixmkr, the song needs more structure.

I wouldnt have the 16th notes so continuously on the hi hat throughout the song. Id be into something more syncopated and punchy groovewise and then build up to something more consistent. I also wouldnt use live drums, maybe mix them with samples for more punch.

Good space and panning.

Well all thats been said I agree with. But I think its the kind of arrangement that takes a few more listens to apreciate. Vocals are a little too Britney at times, which isn't a bad thing, but not my thing. I hear what your saying Blue Bear about the tight detailed bottom end, but when there's a lot of space in a song like this its a whole lot easier to do. However I think its pretty pro sounding sjoko2, your jobs well done.

Its ready for top 40. I suspect they'll put her in the same genre as r and b singers but I think it could fit better in other genres , so mention that to the radio managers

Back