comments please, thank you. mid/up tempo pop ish thing

chugheshc

molly goes

bedroom studio, was a slow song until I had a couple of drinks one night.... then itwas faster.... and possibly better.
comments greatly appreciated.
Chris

Last edited:
Ok, this is recorded bad. The guitar is horribly out of tune with itself and the bass. I won't even start on the beat. What are you using as a recorder? Sounds like cassette.
The song sounds like the words are space filler with some kind of romantic message.

I bet with a lot of work you could make something tight and in tune but this aint it. Hint: don't listen to old Beck records that no has heard of as reference material...hehe, joking.

thanks Jake! I appreciate the candidness.
recorded with a 58 & m-audio duo onto sonar. (modern day cassette?)
keep'em coming folks.
just as a point of reference, what were you listening to this with?
C.

Last edited:
Well, headphones, nothing fancy. It doesn't take too much listening to get what's wrong here though.

Good attitude.

it's sort of like being a consultant - up to a point, attitude can
count for quite a bit. it's probably more like being the consultant who's been fired for malfeasance.
nice post about brutal honesty, you should post a thread with links to forum music you enjoy......

C>

I pretty much second Jake's assessment. There are some interesting lyrics, but when the playing and singing are so poor, it doesn't come through. The vocal harmonies were a good thought, but were waaaay off, pitchwise. I dig lo-fi (or pseudo-lo-fi, as the case may be), but only when the songs themselves are of a sufficient quality to overcome the haziness of the recordings. Yours could still use some work.

This is just really bad... hobby, for fun, serious... I don't care. It's just poor in all aspects. Can't you hear that? :eek:

apparently I still need quite a bit of training in listening, as well as singing/playing/composing.
pretty good at taking a beating though!

thanks,
C.

Back