comments on rhytmic noise song

krysis

comments on rhythmic noise song

hello, i'm just looking for comments on one of my songs. even if you're not into this type of music any comments on the quality of the recording are appreciated. thanks!
pull me in at www.mp3.com/skomg

Last edited:
Good stuff.

I listened to "pull me in". Very harsh noises that my ears didn't like, but I won't hold it against you :) It was maybe a little bit repetitive though. I really liked the mega distorted vocals a LOT....sounds like you did some serious bit reduction.

I also listened to "thrashed." I thought it was pretty cool, but the source club mix was a little too present and obvious.

Finally I listened to "disengaged". Again with the ultra digital distortion/reduction; a little too repetitive in my opinion. I like the style, but not the headache-inducing dance beat.

It's all good stuff, I'd just like to hear some variation, or some unique sound.

Slackmaster 2000

Thanks for the comments. I know what you mean about the repetition. Personally I dig repetition, but I think I overdue it in my own songs. I just have one question, what did you mean by uniqiue sound exactly?

By unique I simply mean something a little different or rare. Distorted beats are a dime a dozen....not that I haven't simply run a mix through a lofi plugin a time or too. I'm just a big fan of weird noises, and I love trying to create bizzare sounds (like my last flop 'the next day') and either just creating a sound track, or mixing weird shit with more traditional music.

To each his own. It just seemed like you were using the same or similar heavily bit-crunched beats over and over in the three songs I listened to. If that's what you like, then so be it. I hope I didn't offend because it wasn't my intent.

Slackmaster 2000

Oh no, no offense at all. I was just looking for more detail on what sounds you felt weren't unique. :)

Is this what the elevator to hell sounds like? I dig that beat...the piercing noise in the background is making me feel like Jack Nicholson in the shining.....

murder murder murder murder murder murder murder murdermurder murder murder murder murder murder murder murder murder murder murder murder murder murder murder murdermurder murder murder murder murder murder murder murder

Back