Comments:Criticisms: A teaser ad for an upcoming album I'm working on

TerraMortim

This is at the beginning of a pre-release hype campaign. I'm nearing the finish of an album called "Thought War" (it contains a bit of politics and satire among other "naughty" things... Frank Zappa/Mr Bungle style), and so I'm starting to get some material together for hyping it.

I would love thoughts and criticisms. Thanks.

Oh-Note: the URL is just a placeholder. In the process of re-registering some domains and getting the site back up and running . . .

Attachments

• TM-rot.jpg
    TM-rot.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 88
It looks pretty cool.

The text is a bit hard to read, but if someone's interested they will work through it.

Is that GWB with a swastika on his forehead? If so, you are likely to attract some criticism for that, which is what you may be seeking.

It looks pretty cool.

The text is a bit hard to read, but if someone's interested they will work through it.

Is that GWB with a swastika on his forehead? If so, you are likely to attract some criticism for that, which is what you may be seeking.

What would make the text easier to read? I was wrestling that a bit, actually.

Well, it's Bush Sr. It's exactly what we're seeking (one of the central themes of our work is in the pushing of buttons). lol

This flyer/art is pretty cool, really cool actually, but the whole idea that anyone would give a fuck to listen to a semi-musical version of your idiocy is retarded.

It works. You've got a fairly standard punk-collage thing going on, which is perfect if that's your goal.

It's not really a teaser, but I think that's preferable. Most teaser campaigns are pretty worthless. People don't actually care enough about some band they've never heard of to research their teaser campaign.

It works. You've got a fairly standard punk-collage thing going on, which is perfect if that's your goal.
Something like that, yes. :D I'm a huge fan of artists like Terry Gilliam and Hieronymus Bosch, so that's where 90% of the influence comes from. Not to say there isn't also a punk influece, but I'm more influenced by the people that influenced them than anything else, if you know what I mean.

It's not really a teaser, but I think that's preferable. Most teaser campaigns are pretty worthless. People don't actually care enough about some band they've never heard of to research their teaser campaign.

It isn't meant to be promotion for people who haven't already heard the band so much. It's for the people who already follow Terra Mortim, as they've been waiting for this album for forever and a day. There is, however some degree of promotion in the way that just seeing the words "Terra Mortim" and crazy images all over the place will implant it in their mind (subconciously) to be "exploited" later by a secondary piece repeating the pre-associated key words (kind of prepping the audience for the message before you give it, so they'll right off the bat be more receptible to it when it comes). It's a pretty common media tactic, and I see a lot of movie houses doing similar things... so what the hell. Let's try it. lol

I'm ultimately starting a local campaign post-move, so that I can try to build some more recognition in the Seattle area. We tried that in Vancouver, and it worked fairly nicely. We just made sure our name and images we created were as many places at all times as possible, postering 2-3 times a week regardless of if we had a show or not, being at as many events (especially in slightly off kilter attire for the event) and shows as possible with our visually "fucked up" business cards, etc. . . It got to a point where it became really easy to market in town, as a lot of people we talked to had at least gotten a taste for what to expect via posters and other campaigns.

Last edited:
I just finished another teaser ad for the same album. I'm trying to do each one a little different, while still keeping with the same feeling, just because...well.. I get bored doing the same thing over and over. I would love honest feedback (the feedback on the last one was very helpful). :) This is about 25% or so larger than the version I'm posting places. I'm also going to be making a different banner style ad for applications such as that.

Gerg: Don't even bother replying.

Attachments

• shithit3-web.jpg
    shithit3-web.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
i think the title should be more predominant...or a different colour at least...apart from that it made me giggle and drew my attention

HA!

greg you crack me up.

couldnt have said it better myself.

Keep it in the cave dumbass, or I'll report the both of you for TOS violations. Greg was already reported to the admins for that. I doubt you want the same.

I'd LOVE to see your "genius works of art". Go on, post them. :D

i think the title should be more predominant...or a different colour at least...apart from that it made me giggle and drew my attention

Do you mean the album title? I was having a little trouble with that as I wanted to use the font that I used on the album, but it's not the boldest font in the world. What color could you see there?

I originally had it all white but it was too cluttered and I couldn't figure out what to look at.

Made you giggle, and drew your attention. Great! :) That's definately what I was going for.

Thanks for the input. It helps a lot.

Thanks to Greg for not adding further pollution to this thread, and to Greg's butt buddy "Kingofpain": Go back to the cave, you neanderthal (and while you're at it, post your own stuff; I'd LOVE to see what YOU do).

Id leave "THE DÉBUT CD" white and make the title red if you don't want to change the font, Id say that was more important than the fact that its your début

'part from that its funny and clever..good job

Keep it in the cave dumbass, or I'll report the both of you for TOS violations. Greg was already reported to the admins for that. I doubt you want the same.

I'd LOVE to see your "genius works of art". Go on, post them. :D

your right, theres no need to remind you that we disagree on everything. im sorry bud... :(

i didnt say it was bad. it was pretty... interesting. good work terra.

Id leave "THE DÉBUT CD" white and make the title red if you don't want to change the font, Id say that was more important than the fact that its your début

'part from that its funny and clever..good job

Ah okay, that makes sense. I'll try it out and see how it looks. I need to somehow differenciate the "Terra Mortim" logo from the text under it (the alternation makes it a little less cluttered), so I may have to switch the album title to be directly under the band logo, and then the other text on the bottom before flipping the colours. Now that I think about it, I might be able to wrap the "debut cd" around the TP a bit anyway.

Thanks very much. :)

WOAH :eek::eek::eek:

TAKE IT TO THE CAVE!!!

im gonna report you for TOS violations!

Ah blow it out your arse. This thread is not related to anything but getting advice on a promo campaign I'm working on. What it isn't, is an invitation to do-nothing internet troll losers such as yourself to insult other peoples' hard work and harass other people who are sincerely trying to speak about MUSIC MARKETING. That IS a TOS violation, and if you don't knock it the hell off, I'm going to the mods again. I have no issue with doing that whatsoever. You are diminishing the quality of this community by acting in such an idiotic way. It's one thing if you do this in the Cave, but the other sections of this site are not for your immaturity. If you do not stop this, I will go to the mods again. I am being repeatedly harassed without reason by you and greg (SS54S used to harass me, but he must have more of a life than you two dolts). Go play in traffic.

As I said. I'd love to hear your "works of genius." Where might they be so I may bask in their glory? Do you even know how to do anything other than troll on internet forums? You eternal man-child.

Ah blow it out your arse. This thread is not related to anything but getting advice on a promo campaign I'm working on. What it isn't, is an invitation to do-nothing internet troll losers such as yourself to insult other peoples' hard work and harass other people who are sincerely trying to speak about MUSIC MARKETING. That IS a TOS violation, and if you don't knock it the hell off, I'm going to the mods again. I have no issue with doing that whatsoever. You are diminishing the quality of this community by acting in such an idiotic way. It's one thing if you do this in the Cave, but the other sections of this site are not for your immaturity. If you do not stop this, I will go to the mods again. I am being repeatedly harassed without reason by you and greg (SS54S used to harass me, but he must have more of a life than you two dolts). Go play in traffic.

As I said. I'd love to hear your "works of genius." Where might they be so I may bask in their glory? Do you even know how to do anything other than troll on internet forums? You eternal man-child.

did you miss the part where i said good job? you can sit here and cry and whine and threaten to tell and administrator like a middle school kid or you can shut up and calm down or I'LL report you to the mods for TOS violations. i never actually said anything bad about you, i just agreed with greg and positively commented on your work so good luck reporting me. on top of that freaking out on me and pretending i insulted your work just because i dont have the same political views as you do is pretty childish because other than that i dont see any reason for you to react to me so negatively.

so keep your "im a victim" crap up and keep insulting me and we'll play your little report to the mods game and we'll see how well that works out for you.

Back