comment on this song

jaybriggs84

This a song of a band I'm currently working with, it's been pretty fun, I really dig their stuff. It's pretty simple, drums, bass, 2 guitars, lead vox and one bgv track. Thanks

Y'know, unless there's something that jumps out as wrong--this process of "post and comment" is so subjective.

And I mean that in a good way, because nothing jumps out of this mix as wrong--In fact, it's pretty darn good. So it might be done--and anything I say might be nothing more than opinion.

For my tastes, I'd have a bit more bass. Also I'd bring the drums up a bit. There's a lot going on with the guitars (and they sound great!) so the rhythm sections can get a bit lost. And I'd have the lead vox a bit more dry.

(And maybe if I did all that--it might not sound as good as your mix...;))

Nice job!

Y'know, unless there's something that jumps out as wrong--this process of "post and comment" is so subjective.

And I mean that in a good way, because nothing jumps out of this mix as wrong--In fact, it's pretty darn good. So it might be done--and anything I say might be nothing more than opinion.

For my tastes, I'd have a bit more bass. Also I'd bring the drums up a bit. There's a lot going on with the guitars (and they sound great!) so the rhythm sections can get a bit lost. And I'd have the lead vox a bit more dry.

(And maybe if I did all that--it might not sound as good as your mix...;))

Nice job!

I totally agree about the subjective thing, Chris Lord Alge could post a mix on here and people would comment on how they'd change stuff

It sounds terrific. On occasion, the backing vox isnt together with the lead. I dont know if the backing vocal is really adding much except mud, its not very clear.

Chris Lord Alge could post a mix on here and people would comment on how they'd change stuff

And rightfully so. Its how we learn.:cool:

Very nice production and a good tune.:cool:

The production sounded pretty good to my ears. The vocals were a little squashed, but that could be written off to the genre ie. the angst song that plays during the flashing pictures of the love story kind of thing in a Mathew McConehey movie.

The break was too long IMO, but that's no reflection on the mix. I liked the composition pretty well, almost Chris Martin-esque, but the vocals just didn't sound like they were in the same room as the gits.

Back