College Masters Programs

RyanOD

I am a high school teacher and I spend the bulk of what little free time I have working in my home studio. I have to complete a Masters degree within the next 5 years and would love to do it in an audio engineer/recording field.

Can anyone point me towards schools (preferably colleges or universities) that offer such programs? I see a few that offer bachelors programs, but no masters programs.

Thanks.

RyanOD

Well, here at the University of North Alabama there is a program called Entertainment Industry Management. It's not so much the engineering side of recording as the publishing and business side of recording music (and TV and such, but PHHHHHHHT on them). It includes classes in production and recording, but they're nothing compared to what you learn here at the board. However, it's an excellent way to get connected with the "big boys" of publishing and recording.

(256)764-4100 (i think, it might have the 760 or 765 exchange). I'm pretty sure the 1-800-TALK-UNA line rings the same number, cept toll free. If nothing else, you can get the details.

It's in Florence, AL (same place as Muscle Shoals, AL and Sheffield, AL and Tuscumbia, AL)

Dig it.

Back