Cold, Rainy Weekend

Sorry man, I went to check your stuff out but they make you register with them to get access. I'm not doing that anymore. Hell, I got an account at Media Depot, posted a few files only to find out they were the same way so I'm not even gonna post links to them.
Someday, we will look back at this time of frustration and laugh!

Well I wasn't scared off by the whole registration deal at rolling stone, but they have yet to deliver any .mp3 files. That's the second free service I've signed up for today that turned out to be full of beans.
The other was freei.net, a free ISP. :(

Those dudes over at rolling stone finally kicked down. I D/L ed all of them. Nice rate once they actually let me in. 65K/sec.
I liked "Away2.mp3". It passed the "Marilyn" test.

drstawl,

Thanks for checking them out. Can you shed some light on the "Marilyn" test?

Anyone,
Advice please! Seems the Rolling Stone site requires registration for download. I want to settle on a site which is as painless as possible for everyone. Easy and fast uploads, fast downloads, etc. Any recommendations? I noticed David's file at IUMA was easy to get. What do you think of that site? Thanks.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
Ranger

Nice tunes Ranger, I really liked the mood in Wastelands and Away,, put some more up dude..

David,

Thanks for giving the tunes a listen and the kind comments. Excluding Wastelands, the songs were demos of songs I wrote that I sent to a friend of mine who was looking for material for a CD he released last summer. I have some new ideas on those songs, and hope to redo them after the holidays, as well as lay some tracks on several new songs.

BTW, I wish I had the talent to capture the blues on "Wastelands" like you did with "Alice"! Anyone who hasn't given David's song a listen is missing out!
Ranger

The "Marilyn" test is when I hear somebody's tune and immediately pick up my Jumbo blonde Epiphone EJ-200 and try to figure it out or just jam along. She's called Marilyn. You fail the test if Marilyn stays in her case.

[This message has been edited by drstawl (edited 12-16-1999).]

Back