Clueless with Ableton Live 7. Need to master... i think

cumberledge1

OK. Here is the sit.

I have ableton live lite 7 and I dont know how to go from the multiple tracks I have in my live set to a single "master track" that I can export.

Can someone please help for or tell me where i can find these answers?

Thanks yall

There are several ways to record your set to a single track. Your manual is a good place to start. Look under Export. First of you need to know whether you are working in Arrangement View or Session View?
If you're in Arrangement View it's as simple as File -> Export Audio/Video command. Select "Master" for Rendered Track.
Most of the time when you're rendering audio you'll be in arrangement view, but in session view you can make clips too. Say you've created a scene in session view with a couple of audio clips and you want to record them into a single clip on the fly. Create a new audio track, turn the Monitor setting to off, Arm the new track at the bottom and then choose the scene you want to record into (by clicking the grey square in the appropriate scene.) Creating clips this way is fast and easy.

I gave you two ways to record and without knowing which one it is you're talking about it's hard to tell you what's wrong. :confused:
But here it goes:

If you used File -> Export Audio/Video in Arrangement View make sure that the bars you are actually exporting have data in them. It will tell you at the bottom of the export audio/video screen exactly which bars you are exporting. It will be listed at the bottom of the Export Audio/Video popup menu in this format [9:0:4 - 11:0:4] .

If you were just recording a clip in session view make sure that you have selected Master for the Input.

Good luck :o

OK. Here is the sit.

I have ableton live lite 7 and I dont know how to go from the multiple tracks I have in my live set to a single "master track" that I can export.

Can someone please help for or tell me where i can find these answers?

Thanks yall

Are you wanting to do a two-track stereo mixdown? When I use Live, I actually just send the master output to S/PDIF and record it onto my MicroTrack, then copy the wav file back onto the machine for processing in Peak. That's an option if you have an external recorder like that.

Cheers,

Otto

I doubt this will help cause I know NOTHING, but I am able to export many tracks at once.

If I've recorded say, 4 audio tracks and 7 midi tracks, I just make sure all are "active" (no grey ones, you know, ones that aren't looped and the song's finished so you have to activate them to get them to play again), and then go to File, Export Audio / Video, don't change anything (don't select "Master"), and it works. When I play the exported file, it's the same as when I play it in Ableton itself.

they are silent because the clips/tracks your are exporting have been stopped. Make sure you can see the green play button before exporting.

screenshots of your screen would totally help, to see if anything is muted, solo'd, frozen, or deactivated.. normally, when i export, i click in the sequencer, then i use CTRL+A (select all) to select all clips on all tracks, then i got to export from the file menu.. works every time..

but yeah take some screenshots and show them to us so we can have a better idea of what we are looking at

Back