Close Out

Jamal Bucket

ok end of the year clearance on all your songs that you wouldnt normally let the general public listen to....

heres my attempt at "heavy and foreboding"....i know there are a few timing issues but the odd time signature prevented me from using a click track....and the whole end from the last words on were really an after thought...just fillin up space ...not unlike this whole song really........please feel free to laugh alot at my expense thats why im postin it!!!

http://www.nowhereradio.com/mynewhead/singles

called..."closeout"

jamal

p.s. (its best with headphones)...lol

i like this jamal, it sounds kinda like alice-n-chains. its cool realy it is.i know what you mean by the ckick track thing with the odd timing issues i to have this problem. you realy should put some more time into this song and realy finish it up.i have to lofi it so i cant comment on the mix to much. what do you use for your drum sounds? they dont sound to bad except maybe the few timing issues. but realy youve gott a nice set of voxs on ya.i wish i could hit that high in range. all in all its a cool tune just finish it and repost it i like it alot. i would love to collab with you on this one and add some lead stuff to this if your willing to do it?any way thanks for sharing man i like it lengthen it out and youve gott somthing here. tim pate god bless.

Not bad for a close-out.:D

The groove and the chord changes kinda remind me of Tool.

The mix is a bit crispy. Some harshness goin' on with the distorted guitar and the cymbals.

BTW, whats so odd about 6/8? ;)

Im diggin it man.I really like the vocals.Your complete recording ability has gotten better and better with each tune you've posted this year.I really like the drums.Good tune man and at 3:20 seconds it's listener friendly.:)

Nice work jamal.

Closeout-like the discount rack ,right?...or maybe the damaged/imperfections bin...I think this one might deserve a redo though,that headphone idea was key in making me think my kid was crying

hehehe yeah it isnt exactly golden now is it?..

tim :..wow thanks yeah ill probably redo it now that i have it mostly done...i just ran out of time on it and hadnt posted a song in a while...feel free to add whatever you can..thats the one thing i cant do is play a fastish cool solo...ill let you know if i get a better version.

mbrane:..i think alot of the problem is the mp3 it sounds great on the wav file..well the odd time thing you just dont hear alot of it in here ...not that you could tell by my music but dream theater is probably my favorite band...and it was fun to play drums to this ..

kramer: yeah and it should really only be about 2:30 hehehe..thanks yeah i can even tell a diff in quality if not in content at least in the recording itself. thank ...and what the hell does your avatar say??????

w.i.s.c.:...man if i didnt have a brand new baby here that last line you wrote wouldnt be NEARLY as funny as it is...you dont know HOW MANY times i ripped these headphones off in the middle of mixing this in a panic thinkin that the baby was cying....lmao...fuck thats funny.

good tune!

I like the vocals but they're too low.. I like the drum playing and the guitar riffs, but the sound could be bigger overall..

if it wasn't for the timing mistakes, you probably could have gotten away with some minor fixes..

Hey Jamalski......

.......Very nice song man. A great song that deserves lotsa time and effort!! Im not sure i understand why you couldnt put a click on it due to the time signatures. I dont think the tempo changes, does it? You should re-record this. I really like all of the parts.....really cool! I like the dynamic nature of the song...... fits your vocs nicely.

very nice stuff man:)

g

Guernica said:
Hey Jamalski......

.......Very nice song man. A great song that deserves lotsa time and effort!! Im not sure i understand why you couldnt put a click on it due to the time signatures. I dont think the tempo changes, does it? You should re-record this. I really like all of the parts.....really cool! I like the dynamic nature of the song...... fits your vocs nicely.

very nice stuff man:)

g
See...that was my point. I wasn't gonna' post in this thread, b/c you know, everybody thinks Jamal and I are the same person anyway...but seriously, I thought the same thing. I'm recording one now that's in 3/4, but I don't care...I've got the metronome set to 4/4, I think...but the bpm is constant. (You just have to ignore the BEEP after the *click* *click* *click*, but I have to ability to almost completely block out all percussive noises..:D )Maybe it's different for drummers.

the coolest thing about this is the stretch... stretching your "musical palette"... (sounds like some college boy B.S...)... props for that.

Yep... hearing some Tool (possibly some SLuiCe?) influence here... musically... the only thing wrong (on this end) seems to be what everyone else said... timing problems... (maybe choice of guitar distortion...?) The lead guitar has a great tone.

A helluva job here, jamal... & the dickless 1-star wonder can PM me and discuss his shit.

Again it's great to see a musician stretch... Sam can do R & B (James Brown), you can do hard rock, and I've got a sneeky suspicion that Lt. Bob could calypso all of us under the table :D Nice job... and here's another vote for "flesh it out".

Chad

hehehe ....ok who ever has waaay overcompensated for the "one star " deal...please stop this is SOOOOOO NOT a 5 star song...please......lol

sabbath:..yeah its either gonna have to be a total redo or just screw it and move on..im not sure yet. this whole song was about that intro guitar riff...the rest was just well screwin around..and i sound really stupid trying to be "heavy" its ok you can say it..lol....i did.

guernica:..yeah its not the constant click its that my click track is set at 4/4 time and i CANT igore the "beep" on the end...i tried beleive me i tried. glad you liked tho..its a real departure from my "normal " sound..and you didnt mention ANYTHING about the bass so ill just accept that as praise...if im wrong i dont care im still gonna take it as "job well done"..!!!....

chris:..see above comment.....ther is no waay in hell people could mistake my sound for you still is there???..why would you do that to yourself.....man i would be pissed if i was you...lmao

chad:..yeah i thought it would be cool to hear ..what poeple did with stuff not necessarily in theyre comfort zone....like i would love to hear you do say a nice "nsync"..love sonatta.....got any..?...and i appreciate that you took this for what it was just an experiment....

ok people you need to one star this a bunch so people who actually listen wont think were all crazy........

jamal

Jamal Bucket said:

kramer:and what the hell does your avatar say??????

It's a Skynyrd Album Cover."Gold and Platinum"....yeah I know,it's lame and I have too much time on my hands.LOL

G.D. IT!-Why is this stuff so entertaining.I don't wanna stay up 'till 3in the AM,but sure enough I here reading away...tell me why...?:confused:

W.I.S.C. said:
G.D. IT!-Why is this stuff so entertaining.I don't wanna stay up 'till 3in the AM,but sure enough I here reading away...tell me why...?:confused:

well IM up cause the baby is.....plus im on a mission to get my posts back ...(my old username got shut down)...so feel free to hang around...

j

Kramer said:
Cute kid you have there jamal!;)

thanks im sure he is probably the smartest and most talented baby ever born....lmao...well i sure am hoping....cause if he can do something REALLY well ..anything ,...maybe daddy wont have to work anymore!!!

j

Hey Jamal, why are ya playin this heavy stuff around the baby? LOL. I like this stuff. It reminds me of Nirvana. You did a good job except of course the off timing on the drums. Your vocals have improved greatly also. Just redo the drums and maybe use a drum machine beat as a click track. My DR-670 has all the odd time sigs. Im going to try that when I start doing the drums live.
Man how did you do your vocals? Im about ready to give up vocals and have you do them.... Cute baby by the way.
Myx

Myx62 said:
Hey Jamal, why are ya playin this heavy stuff around the baby? LOL. I like this stuff. It reminds me of Nirvana. You did a good job except of course the off timing on the drums. Your vocals have improved greatly also. Just redo the drums and maybe use a drum machine beat as a click track. My DR-670 has all the odd time sigs. Im going to try that when I start doing the drums live.
Man how did you do your vocals? Im about ready to give up vocals and have you do them.... Cute baby by the way.
Myx

well lol..im upstairs when i record so hopefully the baby wont be too damaged by it..on the vocals the only reason i can think of that they sound better would be the new mic (C-1)..other than that ..i compressed them to take out some fluctuations when i held that note ..just a touch of reverb..very little on the lead anyway.

and thanks for the comment on the baby!

and really these arent all that stellar a job on vox ..i just scream really loud really far away (maybe 2 feet ) from the mic.

Back