clicks and crackles

creaturebeats

Hey
I have a 800mhz, 256 ram, 30gig harddrive PC. When using cakewalk i get clicks and crackles even latency when playing back multiple tracks of audio threw multiple outputs.

Are there any PC optimazation tricks for audio recording, can anyone suggest anything or point me in the right direction 4 getting rid of this.

thankz
creature

my sound card is a Delta 10/10

Go into Task Manager and close all background apps that may be running except .explorer and .systray

Make sure you have DMA enabled on your hard drive via Device Manager.

That is where to start. Post again if neither of these do it.

Be aware too that you may have hardware conflicts if you are using mainly Network cards, or a PCI graphics card.

Ed

I did all of that it turned out to be my USB Midisport, once i disabled it in device manager i didn't hear the scratches. But now i have a new problem, i can't use my USB Midisport any suggestion. I don't want to go by a new one.

thankz
creature

Do you have the latest driver...Delta is very good, IMO, for driver support...check the website....

I'll go get the latest drivers 4 both my delta 10/10 and my MIDIsport. but i think it's more of cakewalks problem with USB.

Is anyone using a MIDI router threw a USB port?

thankz 4 da help
creature

Hey i'm finally releasing my first song to the public. If you like genuine hip/hop go to www.creaturebeats.com and look out 4 the song "that's life".

Its possible that you just had an IRQ conflict between your sound card and the USB port. Turn the port back on and go into your IRQ settings and insure that the sound card is on its own IRQ. You might have to shuffle things around, turn off com ports, etc. depending if you have any free. Good luck.

ohhh

thanz but no cigar bro.

the label under my name may say flewbie, i mean newbie but the first thing i did was check those damn IRQ settingz.

here's some reading 4 you guyz from techsupport @ midiman and i quote:

"You might want to check your irq list and make sure the USB controller is on its own irq. Start by looking at your Irq list on your computer by going to "system" in your control panel and clicking on "device manager" and double click on "computer", here check your list for a Missing or (available) Irq's. You can also try a PCI USB card as this might help but if all fails then your system might not work with a USB midi interface."

now what do i do if my system (800MHz, 384ram, 30gig drive, P3) DOES NOT WORK WITH A USB MIDI INTERFACE!!!!!!

u be the judge....
as alwayz
creature

Back