clicks and crackles , sounds like itll blow my monitors up!!!

Spider

hi all , just tring to figure out cubase , yet as soon as i open it up i start getting terribles clicks and crackles coming through the monitors.. Have i set something wrong ? It doesnt seem to be the soundcard setup cos it works fine in logic and cool edit ... I just figured out that it only seems to do it when i try to extend the amount of audio tracks from eight upto 32 ... any reason why this should be doing this?? Ive just set it at 20 tracks and so far so good.. Am i missing something here?? The pc is a p3 450 , 256 mb ram ... Should i just be content with 20 tracks ? its about all ill need anyway , but the more the merryer i reckon.. Also i keep getting illegal operations after ive changed the amount of audio tracks...its really pissing me off thats all , cos ive heard a its a great program.. Any help would be much appreciated ... cheers all ..
spider

actually wont even work on eight tracks as well .... this is really bugging me ... What drivers should i be using ?? direct x?? or my soundcard drivers?? im using the soundcard drivers at the moment ... please someone HELP ME!!!!!!!!

You should be able to use the DirectX Driver, the Multimedia Driver and your own soundcard's driver.

If you get clicks or cracks, it could be: (a) something else is plugged into the line-in of your soundcard and is creating this noise. Try unplugging it. or (b) the soundcard position within the computer. I found there was noise and someone suggested to me that I move it from the first "card slot" to the second one which fixed the problem. Something to do with interference between different things within the computer. This could mean that the computer thinks new hardware has been installed, so it could be a good idea to uninstall the card software before taking the card out and then re-installing it.

I am not saying that either of these will work for the noise problem but try it and see.

fixed...!!

well i ended up sorting it out , took a couple of fresh re-installs of cubase .. I presumed the card was fine cos im running quite a few other programs (music) and they all record and playback fine .. but shes fixed now , thats the main thing.. well cheers anyway ....
spider

Back