Clicking noise with midi and audio tracks (new post for new problems)

clntgn

So, I posted a thread earlier, and thankfully I didn't get any responses on it because now there's a few new problems.

First off, my set up:
Powermac g4 1.25gigs of ram and a dual 533 mhz processor
Boss gs-10 (mostly used as midi interface until I get the new one I bought)
Blue snowball usb mic
Also an m-audio firewire solo which I'm not using for this current project
Digital Performer 5.1
Reason 4

Now, the first problem I had was that I was trying to use reason connected to DP5 with rewire, and it was working perfectly (like it has for awhile now) but then suddenly, it began to do this odd clicking thing. It was kind of annoying pop or click like you might hear with latency, although I'm not sure if that's the problem. The strangest part is that its perfectly in tempo like a metronome, but it only occurs as long as I'm holding down the notes. It records when I play back the midi tracks as well.

Then I tried to play in reason just by itself and it seems to work without a hitch (at least as far as I could tell. Knowing my luck that will be broken tomorrow too).

Just about 10 minutes ago, I'd given up with midi and decided to just try and do audio stuff. Now here's where things get weird. I was recording just fine with no clicks or pops or anything. BUT, when I sang into the mic while NOT recording, there was that annoying metronome-like click again. Went back and recorded, couldn't hear the click. It seems to only appear when I'm not recording, which is just eerie to me.

I'm pretty frustrated and I'm willing to take any help I can get (just as long as its not "buy new gear" because I already know I need a faster computer, but if I wasn't having this problem last month, there's no good reason I should be having it this month).

Back