Clicking as song line passes over audio loop joins

Nigie

Another new to SX1 question:

I've imported some audio loops from my Acid library and they make a click noise as the song line passes over the point where I join them together. I've tried fade ins and fade outs at the beginning and end of each loop but this makes no difference.

Is there any de-clicking mechanism anyone?

Thankyou

these clicks occur if there is a sudden amplitude change (which might occur if u "glue" two different audio parts together..)

what i do (cause i dont know better), is setting a crossfade (very small, at like 1/64 quantize..)
that will solve the problem, but i doubt its the professional way to go lol :)

You have to make your cuts at a zero crossing. If you make a cut anywhere else, you get the "pop".

Look thankyou so much for replies. The auto cross fades I think have nailed it Ron. I will adopt this as a highly professional technique and will say I learnt it from a seasoned professional!! - very quick, easy and effective!

Track Rat I'm not sure what cutting at a zero crossing is but guess you could mean I should try to cut an audio piece at a point where it either has zero (or close to zero) volume or where at least the volume matches the volume of the next piece of audio I want to put on the track - volume matching so to speak? Hope this is what you mean. If so sounds like good advice.

Thankyou both. You've saved me much struggle..

Nige

Yea splicing at zero-crossings is probably the best way to do it if at all possible. They are the points in the wave where it crosses zero amplitude and thus creates a seamless loop when you have zero crossings at the head and tail of your loop.

Most audio editors worth their salt will have a feature that allows you to "snap to zero-crossings"...making it easy to select and edit seamless loops in a flash.

Back