Click Track

Amped

Whats the best way to import a clean click into ProTools? I need to be able to see the spikes on the track to use for editing. So far Ive simply been recording an analog click through the PA then importing it to a track, there has to be a better way!

Well... I use the PT CLick to guide myself when recording. Check on the insert points in the channels... I'm not in my computer now and my memory is going bad (too much work)

Yeah but can you create a track using the PT click? So far I havent found a way.... Thanks for the reply.

create a (mono) Aux Input track. Pull up your mixer and put on the Click plugin on that track. (It should be Instruments --> Click on the dropdown menu)

It gives you a few ticking sounds to choose from

I don't use a click often because most of the pieces of crap I record can't play to one but there should be some kind of grid the click lines up with. It's probably been 2 years but I seem to remember there being one. That band would only record the chorus' once then just copy and paste.

create a (mono) Aux Input track. Pull up your mixer and put on the Click plugin on that track. (It should be Instruments --> Click on the dropdown menu)

It gives you a few ticking sounds to choose from

Thanks, Ill give that a try and report back...

You should also be able to just make an instrument track and select click the same way. I don't know if you can record it that way, but like jonnyc said, the grid system in pro tools lines up with the tempo of the song, so as long as you've got the right tempo set, you can just snap to grid. The click works on the song tempo anyway, so you should have it set right to begin with.

If you set a click onto an instrument track, you could probably bus the instrument track to a new (mono) audio track. Put the audio track into record ready, and hit play - record on the transport and it should be able to record from the instrument track onto the audio track.

Back