Click remove question

pradhanparas

Hi everyone,

I have a audio editing question. I record my distorted lead and rhythm guitars part by part. Sometime between two clips I am hearing clicks . What is the best way to remove that. Izotope helped a bit but was not able to remove all.

I am a newbie to audio editing and need your input guys. I am using Sonar 7 producers edition..

Thanks
Paras.

As Kip said: what kind of clicks? If your buffer settings are low you may experincing tiny dropout due to your system not processing audio fast enough.

Other than that - have you zoomed in properly on each clip, perfected the wave and done a tiny fade-in/-out for each. Clicks have been known to happen if a clip starts abruptly. You can also try a gate on the amp simulator, if you use one. Then there are several click/crackle/pop removers from waves, wavearts, izotope, sonnox etc...

Thanks for the reply !

Right now I am using izotope. I have Declicker and Sony NR in my track. If I listen to it I am not hearing anything. But if I check "Output Clicks only" I am hearing random clicks at random places which I am not being able to trace out by zooming the waveform.

I am not sure what kind of click is it. I am sure it is not metronome and plectrum but no idea if its clip click.

John: What is gate over simulator and how do I use it?

Thanks
Paras.

Try upping your buffer settings... If they're random and not showing up in the wave form, I'm guessing you're dealing with buffer latency...

upping the buffer helped out to clear random clicks. But I am hearing clicks between clips. For ex: I recored 4 bars and then copy/paste another 4 bars to make 8 bars. Now between 4th and 5th bar I am hearing clicks. Whats the best way to remove that?

Thanks
Paras.

I sometimes have this. It has turned out to be an artefact left form cutting the clips.
Sometines its possible to move the two clips out of the way temporarily. zoom in and cut the artefact. then move the clips back to where they where.
but to be honest it's probably best just to rerecord and play all 8 bars if thats what you need.
or better still rerecord and play the whole song through without all the cuttin and pasting. And it saves time wasted cutting , pasting.

Back