click noises in recording? or in my head?

CMB Studios

Hey guys,

Instrumental track getting ready for "vocal ready" status... and im noticing these click noises during the chorus during the chord transitions and i notice its whenever the snare hits... but they might just be in my head but im not sure.

anyone else hear em?

edit - any other mix critiques or comments welcome

Not noticing any ugly clicks here... sounding good, but I find the drums very close and dry compared to the rest of the instrumentation. I like the pulsing sound in the 2nd half, and not so much the piano at the end. Will be interesting to hear how the vocal sits.

The only things I'm noticing are some high-hat hits that might be mistaken for a click. There is also another percussive track (something hitting a wood block maybe?) that might be mistaken for a click.

But I'm not hearing anything I'd call a click.

Might be a bit early for mix comments. But the snare seems a little thuddy and the crunchy guitar in the chorus is missing some upper mids - like in the 4K-5k range.

What I'm hearing is right in time with the music. Whatever it is, it's being played by somebody - even if it's unintentional. Might be an artifact of something else? My opinion - non-issue. Just me though.

Definitely not a "digitial pop" or anything like that.

ok, at least i know im not going crazy... but i definitely need to find it and fix it... i dont like sweeping things under the rug.

Absolutely love this track! Kind sounds post rock-ish, Not unlike the band 'And So I Watch You From Afar'. Great work.

Back