Click/Countoff... ANNOYING!!!

notredamer0789

Nashville Rocker
Hey eveyone, I feel like a SUPER noob for asking this, but I cannot find a way to fix a problem and I've never really encountered it! I just made a new session and for some reason Pro Tools feels like using different settings each time I create a project haha, but it has the countoff feature on (where it waits like 2 bars before it will record AFTER you start recording... yea kinda like a countoff) AND ITS DRIVING ME MAD!!! Can anyone help me in turning this off?!?! :)

Thanks!

Cory

www.chaseband.net

Open up the transport (window--->Transport) and turn off the preroll.

i think the keyboard shortcut is apple K ( ctr K in windows) but its late and im not 100%

There is pre-roll which will monitor your sound for however long you want and then it will drop into record. Which is CTRL+K.

Then there is Click/Countoff which won't even monitor the sound, it will just count off 1 or 2 bars then start recording from the playhead. I don't have protools open but in the transport window there should be a click preferances where you can adjust this, or turn it off. There might actually be a button right on the transport that toggles it.

Check it out.

Back