Clear Sonic Question

I have no experience with this, but they sure have an impressive client list and the product itself looks nice.

Are you thinking of use in the studio or live or both?

Come on Rick, Ethan, Rod- How do these work? How well do you suspect they work? And the all important question... How do you make your own cheaper?

There are TWO models shown. One is the acrylic panels in front, and two, the "sorbers("gobo"s) behind. As far as the acrylic panels, hmmmmm, maybe for live use, but for studio, with the proximity, I'd suspect serious comb filtering, with almost no isolation value as sound simply flanks over the top and there is very little mass, not to mention any absorption. As to the taller sorber panels, I don't know. I'd have to study the specs, although I suspect very little mass as well. If gobo isolation is what you need, 3 or 4 hinged solid core doors with 2" 703 on one face and casters attatched to a frame below, would be a good choice, or laminate 2 layers of MDF as a substitute for doors. This way they can be cut any height you please. There are other means as well. John Sayers has a unique gobo with a slot absorber built in. Don't have the link or time at the moment. Work beckons :rolleyes: Well, you asked, theres my .02 ;) Later
fitZ

Back