Cleaner

There you go Alan! Good job.

Are you going to add more tracks?

Yes... probably with some collaberation. I think it could use some subtle bass, a bit of percussion with high hat and ride (needs that shimmer) a mellow lead behind the vocal would be nice - something with a bit of dirt but still melodic. .... and backing vocals are really good in this song too in and out of the chorus.

I can't trust myself to be those people - I have a hard enough time being me.

Aside from dressing out the song, additional elements allow me to over-ride a lot of flubby playing on my part as well..... both a mask and a nice seasoning.

If you can't improve it, mask it :p

Another really strong melody and vocal Clam - your guitar tone is nice on this one too. I'd maybe dial back a little of the wetness on the vocal reverb, but otherwise the simplicity of the arrangement works a treat here. Good work

If you can't improve it, mask it :p

Another really strong melody and vocal Clam - your guitar tone is nice on this one too. I'd maybe dial back a little of the wetness on the vocal reverb, but otherwise the simplicity of the arrangement works a treat here. Good work

Thanks rob - the last group of people I was playing with here at home loved this song... and they served it really well with backing voclas. I wrote it to my cigarettes and forgot that I was going to go find the lung association, or cancer society to see if they could use it.... now I have something to do later to take my mind off the the recording process for a bit.

Back