Class Act

This song kicks!!!! I really liked this.

It sounds like more fullness is needed. I can't put my finger on it.
Your vocals are right on, and the guitar too, I really liked the solo snip at 1:30. Some decent playin'.

That is some great drummin' too.

Everything is put togather right on spot, that I can hear, yet they sound seperated. I just can't put my finger on it.

Maybe everything is too dry??? Or could it be the lows? More bass?
I've listened 8 times, but still I can not figure it out.

Lots of talent here. Is this you, your band, or another band you have recorded?

i liked it.....reminds me of something tesla would do.
the guitars need to be a little more up-front in my opinion though..or vocals down a little to let the guitars thru a lil more...nice job man! :D

True-eurt - Thanks alot man.. I know what you mean about everything sounding a bit separated.. I have yet to come across that magic mix that everything gels together just right..

By too dry, you mean not enough reverb? I try to stay away from reverb.. it always seems to just get muddy whenever I put any on.

This is my band.. glad you enjoy it. :)

Markaholic - Glad you like it.. I've never heard anything by Tesla.. any specific songs I should check out that it reminds you of? I'll see what I can do about the guitars/vocals.

Cool song. Vocals sound great, although I think they overpower everything just a bit. Guitars are a little too buried I think they should be up a little. Also the bass seems kind of weak, a fatter bass tone would compliment this song a lot as there is not a lot of low end there at all from where I'm listening.

Overall sounds great though!

mwarkentin said:
Markaholic - Glad you like it.. I've never heard anything by Tesla.. any specific songs I should check out that it reminds you of? I'll see what I can do about the guitars/vocals.

WOW..ya never heard of tesla?..Your voice sounds almost idendical to his!
Its not that your song reminds me of a particular song by tesla...its just your voice an your bands style reminds me of tesla.Which i love tesla.
Listen to the songs Cumin' Atcha Live or Modern Day Cowboy or Heaven's Trail (No Way Out)....youll know what i mean!

Last edited:
Back