Cinematic sound reverb help

exomonkeyman

Hello There.

Simple question i'm stuck on. Check the very start of this video out when they talk (bump your volume up for a good effect)
youtu.be/7ZMz7Qr-NjE Mandy Patinkin Teaches Jimmy Fallon "Candy Crush" - YouTube

Is it just me but the tone that sounds has is a crisp voice with a bass tone and a small reverb and to me that sounds cinematic in an odd way. But how do i do it. I have a zoom h1 and USB techinica AT2020 and i use adobe audition. But i cannot simulate that reverb sound studio reverb sound or that bass and crisp tone. Any help please.

Joemeek VC3 Pro Channel w Power Supply Pre Amp Compressor Conditioner Enhancer | eBay

This type of unit has an enhancer/compressor that will give you that BIG broadcast sound. You can also try it by:

1. Cutting everything from the low mid approx. 350hz
2 using a lot of compression
3. using a "maximizer" plugin

Frank Zappa used that type of sound for his voice for singing and speaking parts. Its a cool sound, Howard Stern uses it too.

Hope that helps.

P.S. They are also using very good mics.

Also is a maximizer the same as a hard limiter? Or are they ruffly the same? So far iv'e been able to get that nice crisp tone thanks to you i think this is as close as i can get with my own voice. But there is one thing that still feels missing. That mini room echo. Just feels like that little echo i'd like to add. I'm using a condenser so that would be the number one cause of no echo. But every time i had an echo it always sound like it's just a repeat of my voice or i'm in a giant hall.

Back