Cicadas

That's the cover version David. Originally written, performed and recorded by the XL Capris, (the gorgeous drummer of whom ran off with the singer from the Vapors).

Well there you go... ya learn something every day around here. I think that's the only version I've ever heard... I didn't come to Sydney until the mid-80s and it's a very local song, so that might explain it...:thumbs up:

A few years ago the 17-year dealies were emerging in PA. I would go back to my hometown on weekends, expecting to see these fuckers all over the place, because I had been reading online that they were swarming Pennsylvania. So I'd get home and there'd be nothing, but I'd be reading in the local paper that 15 miles away people couldn't sleep at night because of the noise, they were having to clear their carcasses off their driveways with pushbrooms, and there was a fetid stench due to all the dead cicadas all over the place. I guess I lucked out.

I'm going to the USA with a net and cast iron pan, they are an excellent survival meal and source of protein, don't forget to collect them for the apocalypse, could be your last meal but damn it's going to taste good.

Back