Christmas Songs

I don't want to give out the name of my publisher (nor would they want me to), but I can say that a few years ago, they picked up an original X-mas song I co-wrote. It's been placed in two movies (direct to video) and one compilation CD. We get periodic checks for $40-$100

The publisher told us, good X-mas songs are indeed in demand. You're too late to get placed for this season, but perhaps you can get published for future seasons.

Heck yeah...but you have to have the publisher connection ;). Mikeh is correct. It's too late for this year. Artists are recording their Christmas albums in the summer, maybe early fall at the latest. The publisher is pitching them probably before that even, so say spring. :D.

Write a GREAT Christmas song and if it becomes a standard, you will have a very comfortable check coming in once a year for the rest of your life (for seasonal performance royalties) as well as mechanicals for different artists including your classic Christmas song on their album. Easier said than done.

I knew that

I knew it was too late for 2004, and I'm trying to get started early. Thanks. If you have any specific suggestions, please send me a private message.

Last edited:
Back