Christmas is cruel

Pretty cool tune! Some of the instruments seemed to be off a little in timing, maybe a simple latency issue or something. Composition wise I'd like to hear more varied drum fills, the descending toms are a little repetitive I think, that's all I got.

It is a cool tune. Vocals remind me of a cross between Bowie and Morrissey. Still some work to be done. Like Easlern, I heard some timing issues in the accompaniment. It was most noticeable early in the song. It sounds like you are trying to mask some of those problems with excessive reverb. That never works. First order of business is to take off all the reverb and solve the problem at the source. Get the rhythm tracks tight. I think you'll find a drier mix will sound better anyway.

Perhaps it's more down to my playing lol. The guitar riff was a one off then looped, my friend played it then left the building. I think also that it might be the bass that is slightly out. I didn't try and mask it with the reverb but I'm glad u spotted that it's out.

I didn't care for the far panned toms, and i agree that particular fill is a bit too much at times; maybe use it more selectively. The timing wasn't a huge issue for me - i don't mind loose playing. vocals sound great to me, and I thought the verb was ok. you blended a lot of instruments here very well, in my opinion.

Thanks for that, I certainly think it's my clearest mix to date. I know the Tom's are over panned but I really like it, the drums are fake so I just thought what the heck, it's different.

The bass is the most obviously out of time or the most IN time for that matter.
Can't you do a little chopping & sliding or retracking to get it sorted?
Lock the bass with the kick & then slide everything else to fit that base.
The toms seem a little busy.
Good ideas - just needs to be sorted a bit.

Pretty cool song you have there ;) I very much like the pads, the guitar and the vocals,the bass seems a bit too up front(could be only my own taste though) during the verse mostly ,and distracted me from the guitars. the vocals could also do with a bit of gain and not sure maybe a bit of brightness.

Back