Chris Harris

chrisharris said:
I fucking cried when I heard this...

SISSY :D ;) :D <<<<<<<<<<<< notice smilie's, sorry Chris, But even when you post a serious reply, i feel compelled to be a smart ass! sup wit dat!??:D

powder!!!!!!! WOW! freakin great job!!!!!! great choice!!! i agree, piano was a great choice.

Thank's man!

Peace

Rick

fenderlikingood said:
SISSY :D ;) :D <<<<<<<<<<<< notice smilie's, sorry Chris, But even when you post a serious reply, i feel compelled to be a smart ass! sup wit dat!??:D
Yeah, well...what I meant was, I cried b/c I was laughing so hard....(meanie)

:D

Man this is great-love the vocal sound and performance-very heartfelt-you did justice to the fine lyrics. I even like the lo-fi piano sound-it adds to the down and out feel of your performance. Very very good-I've been putting together my own compilation cd from this board and this will definetely be on it--very good!

strat,

thanks for listening man. i appreciate the burn:D .

Yeah, I actually like the low-fi piano sound too........don't get me wrong, i didn't do it that way on purpose.....it's the combination of poor recording setup and a rather dead sounding piano.....but i really like how it came out sounding.....

to elaborate on the dull piano.....this thing is old.....i guess i'll let the cat out of the bag on this one because nobody called me out on it yet, but if you try and play along, my piano is between a full and 1/2 step off.....i did my best to tune to the piano and it worked out okay.......

Hey dude,

I liked how you let the piano lace one firm hand on the belly of the song and "caressed" the rest with the gits.......

Nice knowing feel to the vox.

The above plus marks lend a degree of leniency to the production and mix.

Sensitive rendition. :cool:

Peace,
Theron

Re: Chris Harris cover

powderfinger said:
If it sounds like tape hiss at the beggining it's because it is tape hiss.....

I love the tape hiss. Very warm feeling and matches the reverb well. Has a good, relaxed feeling. The acoustic guitar panned right needs to match that warmth a little better. Easy listen and believeable performance.

A

theron, thanks for listening.....your comments are much appreciated

auburn, thanks for the suggestion on the acoustic....maybe a little reverb......i'm gonna try and catch up on my listening this weekend....i'll try and hit yours up....

Powder, One of the cool things about covers is crossing over into a new genre, and I think you've done that really well here, except maybe for the acoustic guitars which remind me of its roots. On its own that piano recording sounds pretty weak, but in the context of the song, it's pretty cool. I think I'd keep it that way.

Twist

twist,
thanks for listening man.......i'm glad people haven't been bothered by the low fi piano sound in the context of the song....because i'm really happy with the piano.....it has some attitude that would be lost with a clean cut........thanks for listening

Back