Chick Singer Songwriter: Close to Home

I think that sounds great Mike. Balance is right on, production values are really good, instrumentation and arrangement are really good. The vocal seems just a *touch* sibilant from time to time and got a hair strident on the high notes in the vamp after the second time through the chorus.

I'm reaching here. It's a great song, well produced and mixed.

Frank

This is a good song, well performed and mixed. Love the bass, but I'd like to see it sit better with the kick.

I think the singer's voice gets lost in the mix at times. A little more definition and space. Notch everything out around her, cause she's got a good voice.

Thanks for sharing.

Man that's good stuff. Love her voice. The only thing I would do is add a little to the highs and you'd have it. I just can't get over her voice!

First rate! Very nice.

ONly thing I would change is make the vocal louder a bit. Otherwise this is an excellent mix. Great tune, great work!

"My cup of tea is a wall of trombones" Any TMBG nerd will get the reasoning behind me saying that. Anyway, I love this song very much. The instrumentation is beautiful, and her voice is amazing. The mixing is fantastic, though I to agree that her voice does need quite a bit on the high end side. Other than that, you nailed this song in every way you could. It sounds very pro! I really like it. Great job! :D

-Adam.

Dude...very nice. I like the mix, the production and def the vox.

Not sure what freq it's at but maybe a touch more definition, separation something between the kick n bass.
And maybe a little more air to the vox.

er maybe I'm full of shit. :D

These are small things man. A very good song done with mad skillz and class.
Nice. ;)

I agree with Chili. I'd try a mild midrange boost on the vocal and mix the bass down a bit. In total db's, bass is beating the main vocal. That might work in rap, but is a little overpowering in singer-songwriter stuff. I can't be certain, though, because I'm not listening to it on the studio minitors. Maybe I just need to turn my subwoofer down. I enjoyed the percussion, and the guitar was appropriate to the piece.-Richie

Back