Chicago Jobs

gumby1220

Hello Everyone,

I'm pretty new to the forums and have been lurking for sometime now. I am moving to the chicago area soon, and seeing if anyone knows of any job opportunities in the audio industry in the area. any info will help. I've been contacting studios in the area myself as well, but just wanted to see if anyone knows of any places that are looking. Thank you.

Edit:I have experience with ssl 9000j, amek 9098i, sound craft ghost, sony DMX-R100 Digital Console, and digidesigns c24, protool TDM/HD, LE systems, Logic Pro 9, nuendo. I do have more specific areas of experience as well . Please email me at agombash@gmail.com with any information.

Alex

Last edited:
How are you at fixing speedometers on 2005 Chevy Impalas? If you can fix it the right way for really cheap, I have work for you right away! ;).

G.

haha. actually i think all that might be needed to fix that is your speedo cable. its made up of thin wires almost like fiber optics and if crimped or exposed to extreme heat can damage pretty easy. cables usually run about 20 bucks.

Nah, I think the Madagascar power supply has failed Does your speedometer hiss?

haha. actually i think all that might be needed to fix that is your speedo cable. its made up of thin wires almost like fiber optics and if crimped or exposed to extreme heat can damage pretty easy. cables usually run about 20 bucks.
I still have to look into it as this just happened the last two nights, so I'm not sure if it's a cable problem, a sensor problem or malfunctioning dashboard display processor (there's electronics in-line somewhere along the way, and I think they may be screwy). I gotta head out and find me a Chilton's manual this weekend.

All I know is that two nights ago I was turning corners at 170 MPH and last night the car was doing 15MPH whether I was actually doing 50 or sitting at a red light :P

Other than that, sorry, I have no work for you and know of none offhand.

G.

Hello Everyone,

I'm pretty new to the forums and have been lurking for sometime now. I am moving to the chicago area soon, and seeing if anyone knows of any job opportunities in the audio industry in the area. any info will help. I've been contacting studios in the area myself as well, but just wanted to see if anyone knows of any places that are looking. Thank you.

Edit:I have experience with ssl 9000j, amek 9098i, sound craft ghost, sony DMX-R100 Digital Console, and digidesigns c24, protool TDM/HD, LE systems, Logic Pro 9, nuendo. I do have more specific areas of experience as well . Please email me at agombash@gmail.com with any information.

Alex

Hey I know that gear.... Did you go to Full Sail?

I still have to look into it as this just happened the last two nights, so I'm not sure if it's a cable problem, a sensor problem or malfunctioning dashboard display processor (there's electronics in-line somewhere along the way, and I think they may be screwy). I gotta head out and find me a Chilton's manual this weekend.

All I know is that two nights ago I was turning corners at 170 MPH and last night the car was doing 15MPH whether I was actually doing 50 or sitting at a red light :P

Other than that, sorry, I have no work for you and know of none offhand.

G.

Speed sensor, goes in the trans.

Speed sensor, goes in the trans.
Well, I've been doing some online research since the last post, it turns out that this is an extremely common problem with not only the Impala, but with a shitload of GM models from 2003-2006 (unfortunately there's no recall on the 05-06 models :(), The problem - which is not necessarily limited to the spedometer - is in the stepper motor they use on the back of their instrument dials; a plastic gear can break causing the analog dials to act funky in exactly the way I am experiencing (it was almost scary to read strangers describing exact identical symptoms to mine, including temporary fixes they and I used).

So, I gotta replace the instrument cluster. I could replace just the stepper motor, but that would require actually operating on the back of the instrument cluster circuit board, which I could do, but after 80k+ miles on the car, I'm just waiting for the other stepper motors to break too; probably better safe than sorry and replace the whole thing while I have the dashboard taken apart.

Of course this has to happen while it's 15°F outside (I don't have a garage.) Maybe I can keep it working on a stop-and-go basis long enough at least until it's above freezing out there :P.

G.

Maybe not in Chicago, but our suburban cops are just as hinkey as they are everywhere else. Hmmmm....gimme a strollin' G....

Don't need no speedo
In Chicago
But I got the South Suburban Speed Trap Blu-ues
oh yeah

:D

G.

We can talk licensing fees if you want ;) :D

To bring things back to topic somewhat, I'd think Full Sail would probably have better hooks into the Chicago studio scene with regards to internships and job placements than just about anyone else.

G.

We can talk licensing fees if you want ;) :D

To bring things back to topic somewhat, I'd think Full Sail would probably have better hooks into the Chicago studio scene with regards to internships and job placements than just about anyone else.

G.

yeah i've been to the career development center a few times and yes they are on the look out for me as well. but think its best to get out and search for myself also and have two people looking instead of just the school.

Back