Check out what I did with DP - 008

Wonka

I lucked out and got the DP -008 just before the FX version came out. Big discount.

The omni directional mics that come with the DP-008 are E as in Excellent.

https://soundcloud.com/cadillacbob/maryjanecompressed

Did this on the DP-008 then applied compression in Reaper. Sure, if I spent $1,000's on all kinds of mics and stuff I could have gotten this to come out better but this is all you get.

For the beginner - DP- 008 - not the FX version is the way to go. Not perfect but go reverb and mics.

Catch you on the flip,

Wonka

I lucked out and got the DP -008 just before the FX version came out. Big discount.
Apparently the DP-008EX is reaching the end of its marketing cycle as well, as I got one a couple of weeks back from Musician's Friend for $99.95 with a TM-78 microphone thrown in. I think it has some practical advantages over the previous model, but haven't messed with it much yet.

AFAIK, there's no DP-008FX. :confused:

Was that a Stupid Deal of the Day price?
Yep.

Eats AAx4 batteries like a furnace, though (never mind with phantom power on), and incredibly there was no AC adapter included. Had to order a generic off eBay. Nice unit, though. At $450MSRP it ought to be.

That was awful. Not sure if it's your recording, or Soundcloud that did it to you. When recording watch your levels ... you need not exceed -12db on any track. You can boost it later if you need to.

Back