check out this new rock song i'm working on

I think its a nice start. Has that pop feeling that kids like today. Start working on vocals for it and see where it goes. It might change alot :) . In the lyric/vocal process alot of people will just hum along (not the same rhythm) to see how the lyrics might be sung or what might fit. Keep plugging away.

Definitely has a LOT of potential, I think with some vocals layed on top with harmonies on chorus you've got yourself a winner...the chorus part would be where the drums speed up with all those cymbal crashes and you have a natural bridge with the slow part.
Sounds excellent so far.

YouTube - Please Tell Me Why

You've done quite a few posts....so it's a bit puzzling that you'd use Myspace to post your work. So, I can't tell if it's MS trashing your audio or if you did it on your own with your recording technique. Anyway, I like the song; there are some great ideas going on there. You just need to figure out the swirling/swishing and odd tones mucking up the thing and get some vocals on there.
Good luck,

:D:cool:

I'm jealous. I really, really, really wish I could track some vocals for you. (no decent equipment) After the first chorus I was hearing a catchy melody.
Do you sing?

Wow - catchy, I like it. Very poppy sounding, but not annoyingly so. Although that could be because it lacks the stereotypical immasculated male singer haha.

Yea, your cymbals are swishing and swirling out of control...kinda distracting. Then when the other guitars kick in it get a little mushy...maybe too much distortion. oh my! then there's that breakdown...hmmm.... lotta wierdness and reverb goin down here :eek:. Solo is cool.
I would suggest that you turn off all your plugins, effects and eqs and see what you have here.
I came up with a few vocal melodies just on the first listen fooling around with the title lyrically...still a great tune here.

:D:cool:

cool track. I can almost hear the vocals come in! You've got a nice 90's alt rock vibe going on there.

This could easily develop into a nice Foo-Fighter type song. I liked the lo-fi drums in the intro.

Performances generally very good. But the guitars get away from the drums in the intro.

Guitars lack a little bite and presence. They have a hint of a "far away" sound.

The snare sample is decent - could use a little more "umph" to it. But I think it needs to vary a bit throughout the song.

Hi there..

I think you have timing issues in the first 22 secs, especailly from 15 on... it's past that loose sort of feel which works, and getting into sloppy, which doesn't...

I'm only listening on phones at work so not the best environment, but I think I'm hearing some pumping from over compressing when everything comes together... and the cymbals are a bit OTT...

In the solo, the low notes are OK (bit heavy on the phaser for my choice but...) but the higher ones are getting lost in the mix with all that cymbal stuff going on...

Not sure if what I'm hearing at 3.45 is accidental or intended, but I don't think it works (talking triple hit on something...) and I'd edit out all the crap at the very end... your audeince doesn't need to hear you cough...

But they're just the nits... lots of good stuff in there too. Keep it up! :D

Hey, this does sound great, and I agree with the others it is begging for vox.

How have you recorded the drums? Is it an electric kit? Loops?

Cheers, Gaz

all opinions noted with much love and appreciation. i love this board. i don't, however, like the new layout. it was the same for 10 years why change it now?

Back