Check out this guys studio!

And he makes a lot of the gear himself.
I just checked out the sound clips of some of his recordings....nice sounds!

WOWWWWWWW!!!!!

Thanks for the find.......don't ya just love clever people. I wish he was my neighbour.....I'd be picking his brains twenty-four seven.
Must listen to his music.
Al

Wow ... I just wonder what the deal is with these people. I see that he's a PHD and teaches at a University, but still .... I guess he came from a wealthy family or something? I mean ... damn!!!!

Wow ... I just wonder what the deal is with these people. I see that he's a PHD and teaches at a University, but still .... I guess he came from a wealthy family or something? I mean ... damn!!!!

I thought what made his story really good was, he wasn't a sound snob, just on his own quest. You can appreciate people who think, this works for me, but if it doesn't work for you, that is cool too.

Seemed like he was into this very early in his life. Just kept growing. Really cool story.

I thought what made his story really good was, he wasn't a sound snob, just on his own quest. You can appreciate people who think, this works for me, but if it doesn't work for you, that is cool too.

Seemed like he was into this very early in his life. Just kept growing. Really cool story.

Yeah I agree with you; it was a cool story. I guess if he'd been at it since he was a kid, he could have worked up to that stuff. Amazing construction on that mixer and all!

There's a common thread between him and the Austin sound! there is an obsession with old analog gear here with some of us. Making records that sound old and have that feel and warmth to them. Love his passion! He gives a nod to Billy Horton here in Austin. A lot of great stuff has been put out through Billy's studio including recordings of the late great Nick Curran. Hunt them down!

Back