check out this band and recorded and mixed today

Sounds good, man. Kik might be a little "mushy"...I can't explain it. It has snap, and it has lows, but doesn't hit me in the chest. Maybe it's not supposed to for this genre, so I might not know what I'm talking about. Besides that, it's a very good mix.

Sounds good, man. Kik might be a little "mushy"...I can't explain it. It has snap, and it has lows, but doesn't hit me in the chest. Maybe it's not supposed to for this genre, so I might not know what I'm talking about. Besides that, it's a very good mix.
any advice on getting it louder?

seems to be missing a slight little bit of the low-mids. and it maybe be just little bit too punchy. just a little though.

Is that Avril Lavigne? :D

Not a bad mix. The guitars are kind of mushy. Just a little. Like you mic'd the edge of the speaker. No real bass guitar presence. This needs bass. The kick sounds okay to me, although it's a little too loud. The overheads are too low. The drum mix is all kick and snare and an occasional tom roll. Let's get a few cymbals in there. Snare sounds good. The drumming is kind of sloppy too in spots, but that's not a mix thing. Vocals sound pretty good.

Download the Kjaerhus Classic Series Master Limiter. It's free, and will make this shit super-max-commercial modern CD-squashed-to-death-loud....if that's what you want. Be careful though, if your mix isn't dead-on, it will sound like loud ass.

I agree about the OHs being to low in the mix. It kinda needs more cymbals and hihat overall. Everything else is fine.

Is that Avril Lavigne? :D

Not a bad mix. The guitars are kind of mushy. Just a little. Like you mic'd the edge of the speaker. No real bass guitar presence. This needs bass. The kick sounds okay to me, although it's a little too loud. The overheads are too low. The drum mix is all kick and snare and an occasional tom roll. Let's get a few cymbals in there. Snare sounds good. The drumming is kind of sloppy too in spots, but that's not a mix thing. Vocals sound pretty good.

Download the Kjaerhus Classic Series Master Limiter. It's free, and will make this shit super-max-commercial modern CD-squashed-to-death-loud....if that's what you want. Be careful though, if your mix isn't dead-on, it will sound like loud ass.
no I don't record Avril anymore..lol yeah I thought I should bring up the over head some too.I actually have the limiter.but I can't get it any louder.let me explain how I got the volume I got and maybe you can understand how to help me more.I mixed the tracks export them to wav..the I reopened the exported track and added the limiter then eq then..I compressed it then tweaked the limiter some more..if I am doing this terribly wrong please tell me

Last edited:
I'd say the guitars have too much low end. I'd HPF the guitars. That would allow the bass to be heard. and another vote for the overheads need to be louder.

I'd say the guitars have too much low end. I'd HPF the guitars. That would allow the bass to be heard. and another vote for the overheads need to be louder.

I got just got a filter but to be honest I don't think I have ever used one.I don't know how to use it

Is it me or is the beat of the kick totaly wrong for this tune. A few times it works, but most of the time its very distracting. I agree with GregL on the cymbals. I cant hear any rhythm (hi-hat or ride/splash) during alot of the song. I do hear crashes/splashes at times. I cant hear the bass guitar very well either.

Back