Check out Nady's new ribbon

Wow!!! Looks cool!... shape reminds Soviet ML-16.
2 micron thick aluminum--not bad. Let's hope they use Neodymium magnets.
Biggest question--what is the transformer? Or should it be immediately swapped to LL2911?
Thanks Flatpicker!... and look for the price.

Here I found--vintage Oktava ML16

Attachments

• oktava ml-16.jpg
    oktava ml-16.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 324
Looks like it was unveiled at Winter NAMM. Here’s a little blip about it from Electronic Musician with a price:

"Nady Systems was showing a prototype the RSM-2, a ribbon condenser that’s tentatively priced at what would be an astoundingly low price for a ribbon mic, $439. We’ll have to wait and see when this mic is actually released, and what kind of a sound it has, but it’s a promising development from a price."

Couldn’t find anything else about it. Nothing at the Nady site.

The Nady site did have a new multi-pattern tube mic, the TCM 1150. Looks like an AKG C-12 with “an easily replaceable plug-in 6072 vacuum tube.” Can’t find anything else about it either. Wonder how much it’ll run? Looks like Nady’s starting to get competitive.

Massive Master said:
(Nady) 165dB SPL?!?

I'd have to test that myself...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

John,

I am wondering how you gonna test it--I mean where do you get this kind of source?:D
Actually, since the signal is quite low and there is only a transformer inside, for ribbons it is not that unusual. RCA B5 could handle a gun shot in front of capsule.

<astoundingly low price for a ribbon mic, $439>

:D :D :D

I wonder how long it takes Studio Projects to come out with their version . . . that looks surprizingly like the Nady . . . and then claim that theirs is better because it's "not an off-the-shelf model." :D

Back