Check out my new mix

Song sounds good for the most part. You've got the lead vocal cutting right through the mix nicely. I'm on headphones, but it sounds like the kick is too forward. I like the intro.

On arrangement, the length of the song is good, but the outtro is way too long for this style of music. I'm thinking more lyrics... but that's pure opinion.

Good job.

Song sounds good for the most part. You've got the lead vocal cutting right through the mix nicely. I'm on headphones, but it sounds like the kick is too forward. I like the intro.

On arrangement, the length of the song is good, but the outtro is way too long for this style of music. I'm thinking more lyrics... but that's pure opinion.

Good job.
thanks man...I agree on more vocals that girl driops out real early in the song..but I think for the most part my other mix my have sounded tighter but it had too much lows that sounded mushy..I am trying to learn mastering so I am trying anything and everything

Not bad...first thought is i agree the kick is too loud. Some of the guitars are verging on buzz-saw territory...especially the hard panned ones. They need more warmth and to be a little more full-bodied. The vox are a little loud to me. Overall pretty good.

my first impression is very well worked out backline....now lets work on the vocals....they just dont sit ...they are just boink on top no processing seemingly..too naked.

if she had a sweeter voice she just might have gotten away with it.

Pretty good.

I may have to disagree with some of the earlier statements. When the vocals dropped out towards the end, and the driving drum part kicked in, the really loud bass drum actually sounded really good.

Some of the vocals and lead guitars sounded a little pitchy at times. I'm not sure if that's a tuning issue or a hearing while tracking issue?

The vocals probably could stand to come down a bit in the beginning, but it sounds fine when the full instrumentation kicks in.

Overall, nice job.

Not bad....
this is a song with potential. Has an Avril Lavigne touch. Lady's got a good voice, although there are are a couple of places where it's slightly flat. I would revisit the vocals again. The snare sounds a little bit intrusive and should sink a little better in the mix. Has some timing problems here and there too. Guitars sound good now. Overall good song though.

Cheers
Joe :)

Not bad....
this is a song with potential. Has an Avril Lavigne touch. Lady's got a good voice, although there are are a couple of places where it's slightly flat. I would revisit the vocals again. The snare sounds a little bit intrusive and should sink a little better in the mix. Has some timing problems here and there too. Guitars sound good now. Overall good song though.

Cheers
Joe :)

thanks man how far do you think it is from cd volume?

Back