I'm outie
I'm gone
I like me dis song

It inspired this rap
Now, I'm all outa crap

Peace out! :cool:

first off, ghost, you're my new hero.

now to the song.

love some hip-hop. everything is tight except the background vox are out of balance with the main vox track. what's up with the ending though?

Ghost,
That may be the best review I have ever read here, and I have not even heard the song yet!

I'll be back later with my review probably without the style points! :)

Not a huge hip hop guy but I like this. I like it a lot. The problems I hear are the bass is distorting and the background vocals don't seem loud enough or in the right space. I would like them spread out or moved over with the main rap in the center. Good work!

Not a hip-hop fan either. But it sure is a nice change of pace.

I liked the two different voices playing off of each other. Cool strings I thought.

The "singing" vocal part was having a little trouble cutting through the mix. That highat sound was covering them a bit I think.

To my ear, the bass needs to be REAL BIG and it's not. Just my opinion, but I'd either work seriously on EQing the low end or retracking. It needs to be that low end kick in the ass.

Did you cut the ending short on purpose?

Thanks for all the feedback guys. :)
You guys really brought out the point about the background vox... and after listening to your critiques, and playing the track a few times, I see exactly what you are talking about.

The background vox are out of psych a lot, and the overall mix of the background vox wasn't as good as it should have been. I think I'm gonna go back over and redo them, or at least spend more time on the mixing.

Right now my setup consist of.

SM-58 w/ Pop Filter.
Small Berhinger (sp) Mixer console.
HP Computer Running WinME. ]
RCA Tape outs on the mixer running to 1/4 inch jack running to stock soundcard.
Cool Edit Pro 2.1
FL Studio
Reason
Bookshelf Speakers for monitors.
Recorded in a Basement with no insulation.

I'm just now learning the whole compression thing with CEP, and that's really the first song I was able to apply it on.

I never realized how vital mixing was until I cam to this board. It literally can make or break you even if you have loads of talent.

I like this a lot. Was the sample original on the vox where the chorus says "without a destination..." ?

Back