Check out my latest project (Update!)

inmyheartx

So i'm completely done mixing the band I previously posted (if anyone checked it out).

They put 4 out of 5 of the songs on MySpace, so please check them out and let me know what you dudes think. =]

http://www.myspace.com/offwithhishead

Especially the last song on the MySpace player, "OWHH Drowned Last Night." This song gave me a lot of trouble. The ending has 4 guitar parts, and a heavy bass tone, so tell me how it blends. Also, the group vocals part, that gave me a bit of trouble. Didn't have a group of kids, just the lead singer, doing 4 tracks of vocals, then me doing reverbs and compression to make it sound pretty big, haha. =] Let me know dudes!

Thanks in advance for the listen. =]

Peace!

I like it. The mix comes across nice and clear (I'm listening through shitty laptop speakers). The drums sound punchy and tight, and the guitars are a nice wall of sound on the heavier parts. The only criticism I have is that the vocals don't seem to sit very well in mix, but the guy doesn't have the best voice anyway. They just seem a bit thin, whereas everything else sounds really meaty and full. Good job though.

The drums are live? I don´t think the ?snare? fits in, maybe it´s just too loud, too bassy and no punch.

Back