Check Out My Band

I listened to Glimpse of Fate...

pretty decent song and recording....

can really hear the bass well though... the drums are too dry for me....

performance wise a little too clean and safe for the kind of style you're going for....

all in all, pretty good job! :)

"Glimpse of Fate" : Excellent, Excellent.

i love distortions very far away. Excellent.

Are you applying the reverb in post ?

wich's your reverb developer ?

Thanks for the input guys....I agree the drums are a little dry, I'm just having trouble getting the drums to have that perfect sound.

Underp we did apply the reverb in post amd we used a lexicon effects processor at 100% wet to get that sound.

Anymore input fellas we REALLY need it.....take a listen to Glimpse of Fate, I Lose Myself, and Ms. No Name as those are the first recording we have done as a band (not just myself).

ignition451 said:
Anymore input fellas we REALLY need it.....take a listen to Glimpse of Fate, I Lose Myself, and Ms. No Name as those are the first recording we have done as a band (not just myself).

i like it!!! i like it!!!! wahey!!!!
i could almost imagine billy corgan from the smashing pumpkins singing over the music, but he aint. and that aint a bad thing, cos you can sing well!!!!
i agree with the comments about the bass though. you need it just to drive the song along a bit more, id love it if (within reason) the bass rocked my speakers

keep it up lad, ill be keepin an eye on you for more like this

Thanks bro I REALLY liked your comment as I'm a BIG smashing pumpkins fan...I also agree the bass should come up some. I'm glad someone liked my vocals because I feel I sing 100X better live.

ignition451 said:
Thanks bro I REALLY liked your comment as I'm a BIG smashing pumpkins fan...I also agree the bass should come up some. I'm glad someone liked my vocals because I feel I sing 100X better live.

adrenaline is good, huh? :)

reason why i like smashing pumpkins is how they can make something so fuckin heavy so melodic.....for example, the first time i heard 'mayonnaise' - wow. so i like the kind of 'contradiction' where heavy music meets soft melodic rock. sounds good normal, and also sounds good whilst jumping round the room like a nutter with the volume cranked, or to make your foot floor the accelorator in your car.
this is good stuff, i think ill have a listen to the other chunes of yours now... cheers (btw, shameless plug here, but i also posted a thread on here not so long back that im looking for some honest critque on :D )

take it easy

cheers

Yeah I really like when a band can be heavy and melodic at the same time:) You should check out a band called VAST if your into that kind of stuff, anyways sure I'll give your stuff a listen to I love hearing new indie music all the time.

lose a little of the echo on 'i lose myself' and work on the strings bit at the start and youve got a FUCKING WINNER there!!! a hint of U2 in that chune maybe? seriously, i aint sucking up (cos us strangers dont have to!) but im seriously loving this !!
when i saw the title 'i lose myself' i thought it would be a bit of a cliche song, with same old song, same old lyrics as anything else ive heard, but theres a fair bit of originalilty in that tune.

but, writing as i listen to that, cut the echo/delay on the vocals back. the bass, for your own reference, is much better on this than the other one volume-wise

yeah i never noticed until now that "i lose myself" has that bono/u2 feel, thanks for the suggestion to turn down the echo on the vocals. I really need comments like this to get the mix properly as i'm pretty new to recording.

I'm downloading your tune as I type.

I think that's enought for now. Your recordings will improve eventually across the time. Keep in mind, that we are just listening, but not taking a look to your recording chain.

Your recordings sounds much like many brute studio recordings but without the harmonics.

Across the time, i've realized that maybe that's one the most keeped secrets of the professionals.

Your Sound Fidelity is still a little bit poor. But that's not easy to get.

Keep playing with stereo arrangements and make your music sound like you have it on your head, before starting to worry about fidelity.

Back