Check my folk/rock mix?

McShredsAlot

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've posted anything here. Anyways, I was just wondering what you guys thought of my song/mix. I will warn you, I haven't gotten around to finishing the lyrics so I copy and pasted the verses. I also plan on redoing all of the vocals anyways. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• West rough mix with vocals 2.mp3
    4.2 MB · Views: 11
First thing right off the bat is your vocals are sitting under everything else. Turn em up.

I like the guitar noodling little accent leads, i don't like how they ping pong back and forth from right to left i find it distracting from trying to hear your words.

Guitars sound good but could use a little more "umph"

Great song though. I dig it.

I like it. Kick seems be heavy, vocals have a funny little artifact, not sure what it is, any vocal correction going on there?

Thanks for the tips! And yeah it was just a super quick correction. I did a quick vocal take and didn't have time to to do it perfect so I through it through a corrector and just flew through it so that's probably what you're hearing

Thanks for the tips! And yeah it was just a super quick correction. I did a quick vocal take and didn't have time to to do it perfect so I through it through a corrector and just flew through it so that's probably what you're hearing

Not sure if this will help, I use vocal correction to show me where I may be struggling (most of them have visual to show the correction) use that as a way to practice that are until I hit it. Then do it without for the final take.

I am not against them, just don't like to use them for the final, after all, I want to learn. But they are a good tool to help improve.

You have a good voice, get it under control and you will make a great front man.

I liked it...especially the acoustic guitar sound ...and I liked the kick (probably means it was a bit much cause I like it that way)...but I wasn't sure if I was hearing any bass to go with it. I didn't think the vocals were too quiet...they kinda fit with the mood I thought.

Back