Check it out...

well I'm no expert when it comes to hip-hop, but sonically, this mix sounds damn close to what I hear on the radio.

I think the kick is a little loud for the mix, think if it was ever played in a club everyones ears would bleed. Turn that down a touch and youll have a good track!

Good job.

Hi

That's an excellent song. Nice writing and production. I like everything.

What's the name of the band ? do you have a site ?

/Jack Real.

You did a good job on this one teach.

On the production side of things however....

That hook is amateurish sounding/IMO.

Good job engineering/mixing though.

xfinsterx said:
You did a good job on this one teach.

On the production side of things however....

That hook is amateurish sounding/IMO.

Good job engineering/mixing though.

thanks for the mixiing compliment

not the producer or artist...just tracked and mixed...but I think the hook is catchy personally.

Hey! who gave me bad ratings without critiquing? :rolleyes:

Sounds put together pretty well. I don't listen to rap, but have friends that do, and it sounds like some stuff they would listen to. I know they like a loud kick, so would probably go for this. Anyway, good clean tones and all. Well done.
Ed

Nice work. Overall quite nice and balanced mix.
That kick is bothering me too thou.. It has too much "snap" in it. It really starts to clash with things up there. That gives the false picture kick being too loud in the mix. Actually the volume is quite right, it is just that the kick's upper frequencies clash with another elements in the song.
I would maby have chosen a bit different kick sample for this song. The most energy in this sample is up there. Allthou there is energy down there too, just use some substractive EQ and maby push the kick bit up after that, and you should nail it quite nicely :)

i'm with kainz, the sample lacks a little something to be desired

i know you don't want to hear this but....
i don't really like the hook eithor, but the rap is pretty good.
don't hear many people that can rap on this page.

Something in that kick..... Don't know how to explain it. To me it don't sound deep enough, maybe like it's out of tune with the song. Kainz, probly explained it better.

Back