Check it-my first song on the Korg D12

structure very good

yea, excellent song structure. liked it a lot.

you have your indie rock sensibilities all in line. like the bands you have mentioned before with a little elliot smith in it.

vocals sounded really good, recorded well. maybe tighten them up a bit with little more compression and bringing in the backup vocals a bit smoother. they kind of jump out and bring the overall vocal level up too much.

the stereo thing with the guitar on headphones was a little fatiguing.

the drum machine sounds were a little boring: i take it this track is more of a placeholder for a real drummer? if not i would work on the sounds and programing a little bit. they sounded either not realistic enough, or too realistic, if you know what i mean. if you wanted to keep it, try running it through some guitar pedals...

overall excellent work. if you can make an album of stuff just like this i think it would go over well.

i dig the song

my only complaint would be maybe jazz up the drum part with some different hi- hat parts. just to change up a little from the constant ride feel you have going on! I have an RY 20 and i do this by copying a pattern to a differant pattern and deleting a track and adding a new feel to the same part. i will link to a song i
did on the RY 20, listen to the solo section and you will notice i changed the ride/ hi-hat part with the same bass and snare track.
Tim

cool idea, maybe flesh out the arrangment more and break the drums up some. Maybe break it down to just the kick and then some snare accents and get rid of the ride for most of the tune.

I like your voice.:cool: git has no tonal personality at all.......I'd work on that. DI sucks imho.

Nice taste with your new gear. Hope to hear more.

Peace,
Theron.

Wow, thanks for the good input. It's great to hear ideas from other people who are going to be honest, instead of say friends or family. Haha.

The drums definatley need to be something else. Those seem like the most organic I could find on the RY20. I'm thinking about trying to loop some live drums somehow and use them. Also, it sounds great off my computer and in headpones, but when I play it my car it has way too much low end. I have a ton to learn about mixing and levels and all.

If I ran the ry20 drums through some effects in the D12 do you think it could help them sound a little less artificial?

here is what you can do. make a pattern of just a 4 count. then go into song mode and record the 4 count pattern then the rest of the song. that way you can get isolated bass, snare,hi-hat ect... and line them up by looking at the waveform, then salt and pepper them to taste individually! that is something i learned how to do recently and i am happy with the results so far. i hope this helps a little, good luck! Tim

Nice Vox and Guitar parts. I agree with the previous comments about the Drums. I think the guitar sounds kinda lifeless. Either experiment with the settings if ya can or get a V-AMP2, J-Station, or POD if ya can't record an amp Live. I'm in that boat in my apartment and use the V-AMP2.

I'd up the sampling rate on the MP3 from 64 to 128 too. It makes a difference.

Nice toon! Enjoyed it.

CR ><>

Back