Chechnya bans slow and fast tempo Music

Folkcafe

I found this to be a facinating conversation on tempo and perception in addition to an odd regulation passed in Chechnya.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

My intention has always been to take over the world...
I just can't play fast enough :geek:

Trust me...
That crap they pump out every morning over the emergency alert horns SUCKS!

While I didn't find Chechnya's regulation all that surprising, it was however interesting to note that even here in the US that there where local and state ordinances trying outlaw Jazz in the 1920. Even going as far as regulating dance tempo. Even more so is the UK which in the 1990's passed regulations to combat Raves.

So what about our own society's puritanical past impulses? in the past, were we not just like dogooder siding the zealots?

It seems that their national dance is over 200bmp, so they just half count it to reduce the tempo. I don’t really see this making any sense. In the UK we do have legislation about music. Repetitive rhythms, designed to stop a rapid rise in illegal rave events. It is used to prevent these. Scotland of course just brought in a new law that prevents people in their own home expressing opinions privately that could cause offence. The total number of new reports to the police has nearly reached the total of EVERY reported crimes. The police simply cannot cope. Silly laws never work.

Jk Rowland ruined the law on the first day. She said men are men women are women. Arrest me if you like, they declined and that was the new law wrecked! It’s true comedy. The police cannot cope but pledged to investigate every report. Even worse, you can report anonymously and the politician who devised the whole thing has been reported numerous times for things he has said in the past. It’s a total joke.

Jk Rowland ruined the law on the first day. She said men are men women are women. Arrest me if you like, they declined and that was the new law wrecked! It’s true comedy. The police cannot cope but pledged to investigate every report. Even worse, you can report anonymously and the politician who devised the whole thing has been reported numerous times for things he has said in the past. It’s a total joke.
The real problem is the precedence that just being able to pass such a stupid law sets...
They're not finished, they have bigger plans.

Back