Cheapy Mixers for BR-8

BHead

Guess I should have asked ya'll BR-8er's this question too! Which mixer do you usually use with the beloved BR-8? :D

From the Mixing forum:

Anyone's help is appreciated! :)

I'm looking for a cheap mixer but don't know which one I should go for. NADY and Behringer are two cheaper mixers I saw on MusiciansFriend. Are they OK or do they suck?

Primarily I use it for recording live drums on my BR-8, which has only 2 inputs.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

live drums do you mean that they are acoustic drums right.getting drums on a br8 is a bitc$#@#$%% ,man i would suggest getting some electronic drums much better to work with but if you dont want that good luck getting the sound you want with the acoustic drums because i never could sorry.

Behrenger has several models for under 200 bucks that would work well. I wouldn't get the basic 4 track because you'll outgrow it in no time. They have 6 and 8 track models that provide phantom power that are nice, and won't break the bank.

To hook them up I would use the line ins on the BR8

i hook it up through the line ins on the br-8 am i able to record the sound produed form the mixer into the br-8??? because i need to record drums and all that stuff but with more tracks

It will work, but you will need to have your levels balanced with the mics you are using as you won't be able to change that once its recorded.

I haven't used a BR8 but I doubt a cheapo Behringer or Nady will really give you much of a step up. You might be better off with a dedicated stereo preamp like a DMP3 if you can't afford a Mackie or Soundcraft board.

gitrokr said:
i hook it up through the line ins on the br-8 am i able to record the sound produed form the mixer into the br-8??? because i need to record drums and all that stuff but with more tracks

You are still limited by the number of tracks that a BR8 will record at once. I think it's only 2 but I could be mistaken.

Back