Cheapest Rack For A MOTU Traveler

gethypedmusic

You Have No Idea.....
Can someone suggest a cheap rack for my new MOTU Traveler : ) Links are appreciated with the prices on the page! : ) Im looking for somewhere around $60 Hopefully. I just need an individual spot because it is the only Preamp i plan on having for a while.

-HyPe

I've been using "rack bags" sort of like this:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-GRB-Rolling-Rack-Bag?sku=546159

I got them at Guitar Center, and I think they were $50 - I got two, and each is a 4U. 2U (twice as big as you're saying) is as small as I've ever seen one. But having empty rack space is a big cause of G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome), so I appreciate your caution.

I have a Traveler, too, but I haven't put it in the rack, because it's always out and under my laptop. I have a rolling overnight bag that I keep it in, along with the laptop, some cables, a couple of mics, and other stuff.

I've been using "rack bags" sort of like this:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-GRB-Rolling-Rack-Bag?sku=546159

I got them at Guitar Center, and I think they were $50 - I got two, and each is a 4U. 2U (twice as big as you're saying) is as small as I've ever seen one. But having empty rack space is a big cause of G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome), so I appreciate your caution.

I have a Traveler, too, but I haven't put it in the rack, because it's always out and under my laptop. I have a rolling overnight bag that I keep it in, along with the laptop, some cables, a couple of mics, and other stuff.

When i did a search i think i saw you say that to someone else. Im looking for a floor rack though so it can sit in the studio. I mean not to have a stupid question but Im assuming that the whole reason for the rack is to stop static discharge through your audio. Right? So cant i just buy or make a rack to set it in?

Thanks for your info bro!

Can someone suggest a cheap rack for my new MOTU Traveler : ) Links are appreciated with the prices on the page! : ) Im looking for somewhere around $60 Hopefully. I just need an individual spot because it is the only Preamp i plan on having for a while.

-HyPe

I've had this rack for over 5yrs

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TableRackStd/

I've had it full with no problems, currently in it is a motu 8pre, Alpha Vhd, Headphone amp, glyph drive.
but like i said i had it full with no problems when i had a 003Rack.

-mike-

When i did a search i think i saw you say that to someone else. Im looking for a floor rack though so it can sit in the studio. I mean not to have a stupid question but Im assuming that the whole reason for the rack is to stop static discharge through your audio. Right? So cant i just buy or make a rack to set it in?

Thanks for your info bro!
strange about the search -- anyway, there are people around here who can give a much more authoritative answer about the purpose of the rack, but I think it's primarily just to keep stuff in place. If it has unpainted metal rails (many do, but not all, I don't think) then you get a bonus shared chassis ground among the units that don't also have paint/plastic where they touch the rails.

I've heard of people making their own -- I know I don't have the shop chops to do it.

It's a traveller... it's already designed to travel...

Which is the only reason I can think to rack one piece of gear...

Back