Cheap studio construction

KevinDrummer said:
In the 4th grade, it seemed that those that I started out in major fights with ended up being my best friends. Those were physical fights - wouldn't want to do that now! Anyone else have that experience?

Oh well, ever the optimist!
:)

Kev,

Been there a few times with that myself.........

Who knows - maybe some day we laugh about all of this over a beer or 2....... you never can tell.

By the way - i don't always pick on you - when you give good advice I acknowledge it.

Rod

KevinDrummer said:
In the 4th grade, it seemed that those that I started out in major fights with ended up being my best friends. Those were physical fights - wouldn't want to do that now! Anyone else have that experience?

Oh well, ever the optimist!
:)

I think the anonymous nature of the internet enables most of us to forgo the social pleasantries that we'd all automatically do face to face. If you and I were to "go at it" and one of us said "FU" to the other, we'd probably just stop talking, whereas in person, the recipient of said "FU" might administer a broken nose. Keep in mind some folks on the 'net read the meaning of the words, others take it literally. With face to face conversations one has many clues based on the speaker's facial expression, body language and an overal context that may or may not convey as clear in the written word. Its not like everyone here is a master of the language, of course.

But that's my comments, and worth exactly zero. Back to welding!

While I've met some really cool people here and other forums, mostly I just consider all this ones and zeros. Easier to keep things in check that way.

Oh, BTW, bring your nose closer :D

frederic said:
I think the anonymous nature of the internet enables most of us to forgo the social pleasantries that we'd all automatically do face to face. If you and I were to "go at it" and one of us said "FU" to the other, we'd probably just stop talking, whereas in person, the recipient of said "FU" might administer a broken nose. Keep in mind some folks on the 'net read the meaning of the words, others take it literally. With face to face conversations one has many clues based on the speaker's facial expression, body language and an overal context that may or may not convey as clear in the written word. Its not like everyone here is a master of the language, of course.

But that's my comments, and worth exactly zero. Back to welding!

While I've met some really cool people here and other forums, mostly I just consider all this ones and zeros. Easier to keep things in check that way.

Oh, BTW, bring your nose closer :D

Frederic:

I looked at this post and could have sworn you mentioned something about racing (did you change your post?). I'm highly competitive (if you don't know by now) and LOVE racing (racing, not watching racing). I race "hare scrambles" which is basically motocross (or enduros) through tight woods trails in the mountains, etc.

this is my "first race story" - I've gotten a little better since (not much).

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17051

Any folk around here that have dirt bikes, contact me - no pressure - it can be a trail ride with 200 of your closest friends. Very physical, though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I edited my reply a few times, and had mentioned racing. I changed it mostly to avoid long-winded story telling thus further ruining this thread. Trying to be kind to Adamski :D

Cool bike story... I used to do 1/4 miles until we couldn't consistantly attract sponsorship. Add that to being "dead tired" of it all, well, we got out.

Not too bad... only one coma and 37 broken bones.

Back