Cheap sound card for starting out

ddyck

I posted this in the Newbies section but I figure I might get more input if I post it here as well. I'm just starting to get into recording and I'm looking for a cheap sound card to get started with. Most of my recording will be single track but I may on occasion need to do up to 3 tracks. I've read a lot about Delta cards and they look great, but they're just more money than I'm willing to spend at this point. Is there a semi decent Soundblaster card that anyone has experience with? Or any other suggestions?

dave

The cheapest Delta's are the best cards for the money. The SB Audigy will work but is not the same quality. The Delta's are only a little bit more money.

The M-Audio Audiophile runs about $180 and will do a much better job than a Soundblaster. It has two analog + 2 digital in and outs.

http://www.pricewatch.com/

go here and type in soundblaster live......however, if you have a stock soundcard in your system, it wont be much of a step up in quality as far as audio, but its SoundFont capabilityis pretty neat.......

Back