Cheap shock mount for Behringer C1?

Does anybody know of a cheap (less than £20) shock mount that my Behringer C1 mic will fit in?

No - most mic. clips cost more than that.

And if you can get one that cheap it is likely to easily break and you will keep having to buy new, which will cost a lot more in the long run.

If you want a shockmount that works, get the Rycote USM.

If you want to shockmout with minimum cash - put foam rubber underneath the feet of the mic. stand (the foam-rubber corners used for shock protection in shipping cartons work well).

And make sure you loop the cable and minimise vibration getting to the mic. via the cable.

Compatabilty Index for mics / shock mounts

I'm thinking it would be really handy to have an easy way to look up
what mics can be used in which shock mounts.

For example, I've found that the Samson SP01, and SP04 will work fine
with many mics, but need a very minor mod to work with others.

You can find those models at very reasonable prices, but it takes
a bit of diligent Googling.

HTH
Noah F

Radio shack sells very inexpensive shock mounts for both small and large microphones. For under $15. In fact I think they are $12. !!!!

You can buy spring loaded shock mounts now for under 20 quid which grip around the mic as opposed to screwing in at the base.
The Behringer B1 actually comes with one if you want to take a look.

You can buy spring loaded shock mounts now for under 20 quid which grip around the mic as opposed to screwing in at the base.
The Behringer B1 actually comes with one if you want to take a look.

Yeah, that's like the one I mentioned earlier! They're not bad!

Most at GC are around $40 USD IME. You can make one out of a PVC hub (< $2) and some hair braids (<$5). A mic clip and other parts (<$10) to mount it to the 5/8" threads. ala DIY style. Although hammer + dremmel + vise grips + ... tools will be an expense if you don't already have that stuff. And various other PVC tricks via rubber bands and just cutting a few notches. It really depends on what you need the shock mount for? If it's in studio, just get a couple hair braids of the larger size and drape them off the boom arm and craddle the mic in that rigging. If outdoors or on stage, you might want one of the commercial options for a quick setup and maybe a quick release to go handheld on a whim. Various ways to dampen things at the stand as well. Depending on the problems you're trying to solve and how much money/time you want to invest in the effort. I went DIY mainly because I needed more than one shockmount, and needed something that I could fix or duplicate locally on the cheap. Given that GC is 80 miles round trip. And through a metropolis that isn't that fun of a drive. The nearest hardware store is < 5 miles. The overly priced Home Depot is < 30 miles round trip. At 30mpg and $3 a gallon, you've got to factor in the costs there as well. Not to mention time and stuff to go the distance for what MIGHT be in stock. And/or MIGHT be broken when you open the box.

What? What?

I'd hardly call some of those rubberized plastic mounts they sell at some places a shock mount. Yeah, they're better than nothing, but not by much IMO. And if you need to shock mount 4 or more mics (surround sound), they're bloody expensive. And sometimes you need to shock mount things other than mics. L20 seems close to $32.47 USD at the moment. Certainly some options here for that. But not many.

Tensimount Home

Back