Cheap Overheads

fweyd

Fusion F15(from Audix Fusion Pack)

or MXL 990's ?? both will be used for Drum Overheads and Possibly Acoustic Guitar micing.

:eek:

timboZ said:
Joe Meek JM27's. You can get a matched pair with shockmounts for $90.00 and free shipping.

I have a pair of these i got for $99 with shockmounts and two decent boom stands. very nice OH's for the money

timboZ said:
Joe Meek JM27's. You can get a matched pair with shockmounts for $90.00 and free shipping.

Where did you see this deal? It sounds like a great price.

Kasey said:
Audio Technica Pro37's. $100 each, and Steve Albini considers them one of his secrets. that should say enough. I have them and love them.
They are great little electrets, aren't they? I was lucky enough to buy four of them when AT used to have their warehouse sales here back in the early '90s. I got them for an amazing price, but AT doesn't do that anymore. They have a fairly pronounced proximity effect, so I don't really like them on acoustic guitars unless they are VERY carefully positioned. But they sound great on fiddles and mandolins and banjos, and they are very good for drum overheads as well.

Gilliland said:
They are great little electrets, aren't they? I was lucky enough to buy four of them when AT used to have their warehouse sales here back in the early '90s. I got them for an amazing price, but AT doesn't do that anymore. They have a fairly pronounced proximity effect, so I don't really like them on acoustic guitars unless they are VERY carefully positioned. But they sound great on fiddles and mandolins and banjos, and they are very good for drum overheads as well.

These sound neat. Any recordings anyone knows about where Albini was using them as overheads for drums. I'm actually looking to spend a $2-300 on a set of mics too.

Gilliland said:

yea i've realized the same thing with my acoustic and them... and they make the occasional buzz of my guitar (its a classical with way too high of action.. its bound to buzz from time to time) sound even more pronounced.

drum overheads and more though, they kick ass.

oooh and female choirs... oh dear i adore them for that.

Back