Cheap Mics!

I think Mars is doing the same thing. They have even more models, and some are even sold out!

Did GT die out or something?

I don't know, but I just racked up the card another 1.2k with large d' condensers that cost not much more than a decent dynamic!

No, i don't think GT has died...I think they are back on their own again. I was told that Guitar Center will offering the new GT 66 in a week or two. Those being sold now are models that won't be around much longer...

I already owned an AM51 before I saw this special, and I love it. I also used a couple of borrowed AM11's for room mics on a project and they sounded amazing. Of course this is only my opinion and this is a very subjective subject.

I heard there was a decline in build and overall quality during the Alesis period, which is what you're seeing the fire sale on now. GT should return to its former glory with their coming re-release of the MD line. We shall see.

Having said that, there are probably some good buys to be had now, for those that dare.
-kp

Dang! If only I'd not just had a new kitchen put in!

Suppose I'll have to make do with my ECM8000s when they turn up...

They are now done by Midiman. I am not sure if Aspen sold it to them, or if Midiman is just distributing them, but they have them.

Alan Hyatt

Back