Cheap mic cables 'Stupid Deal Of The Day' 2 20' for $5

They had a 3 pack of 20' cables a while ago that I bought. They seem OK, although don't have a feel for how durable they might be (keeping the soldering iron handy:) )

They had a 3 pack of 20' cables a while ago that I bought. They seem OK, although don't have a feel for how durable they might be (keeping the soldering iron handy:) )

I bought a couple in a pinch a couple years ago. They were crap. Shoddy connectors, and there ain't enough copper in 'em ... must have been 30 gauge. So little copper that a soldering iron would cook the wire before melting the solder. I tossed 'em both. As a regular giggin' performer I can't keep unreliable stuff around. It isn't necessary to buy boutique cables (the ones with the built-in snake oil) but good cable (Mogami, Canare, Belden) and good connectors (Neutrik) are worth every penny.

I bought a couple in a pinch a couple years ago. They were crap. Shoddy connectors, and there ain't enough copper in 'em ... must have been 30 gauge. So little copper that a soldering iron would cook the wire before melting the solder. I tossed 'em both. As a regular giggin' performer I can't keep unreliable stuff around. It isn't necessary to buy boutique cables (the ones with the built-in snake oil) but good cable (Mogami, Canare, Belden) and good connectors (Neutrik) are worth every penny.
Agree, probably not a good cable for the wear and tear of gigging. Using the ones I got just around the home studio where they don't get beat up much. The connectors on them are a big step above some I got off ebay as far as the lugs where the wires are soldered to.

I suppose we shall see how the quality is of this brand. It never a bad idea to have a few backup cables - even if cheapies in a studio environment. For $5 I figured worth the price not to have to run to Guitar Center in the middle of a session to pay way more for something I can't even make myself at that price. Disposable cables maybe? They will be kept separate from the good cables. :)

I just threw it out there for those that may like the idea of cheap emergency backup cables.

I missed it but TBH with cheap cables at least the connectors are usually ok if/when you need to ditch the cord.

Back